RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today, this guy not paying attention backing out from a parking spot backs into my car. Ended up putting a good sized bump on the rear passenger driver's side door panel as well as to rear quarter panel and even a scratch on the rear wheel.

Kinda, actually very, upset as I just got a brand new set of tires, one of which is now damaged. NOT to mention that this a***hole puts a dent in an otherwise pristine car, w/o even a door ding.

RR being built in aluminum. Are body panels repairable? Or, panels have to be replaced? I've heard that Al stretches and never really gets repaired quite right-Is this true?

Anyway, very upsetting day.........

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
TheoR said:
So, today, this guy not paying attention backing out from a parking spot backs into my car. Ended up putting a good sized bump on the rear passenger driver's side door panel as well as to rear quarter panel and even a scratch on the rear wheel.

Kinda, actually very, upset as I just got a brand new set of tires, one of which is now damaged. NOT to mention that this a***hole puts a dent in an otherwise pristine car, w/o even a door ding.

RR being built in aluminum. Are body panels repairable? Or, panels have to be replaced? I've heard that Al stretches and never really gets repaired quite right-Is this true?

Anyway, very upsetting day.........
quarter panel is Al but doors panels aren't

·
Registered
640 Posts
996TURBO said:
[

I think you will find Door Skins are Alloy and Rear Quarter Panels Steel well mine are at least.
Easy check use a Magnet.

Cheers

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Col said:
996TURBO said:
[

I think you will find Door Skins are Alloy and Rear Quarter Panels Steel well mine are at least.
Easy check use a Magnet.

Cheers
You're true, it's the contrary of what i said.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, insurance is involved and I'll be going to the repair shop tomorrow for a quote. I would be surprised if the repair shop comes back w/ a huge number, but weird things do happen-Last time, w/ my Audi A6, collision center decided to quote a high price for a repair, and the insurance company decided to give me 24k, instead of repairing it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I'm surprised w/ the quote in a bad way.....Although only thing that's really being replaced is the top/bottom door molding, the price came out to be over $1500. I've already got the check from the insurance company, but still surprised w/ the quote. Main damage to the rear driver's side door, but some how several dozen other things are wrong w/ the car, and the final tally is over $1.5k.......They are going to "polish" one of the wheel for $300......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts