RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2002 Rover HSE to the shop to have a conversation kit on the suspension. For some reason mechanic pulled and cleared the Body Control Module. Now the vehicle will not start. Is it possible to buy a replacement BCM and have it work in my car? Does it need to be programmed to my vehicle and key? And if so is this something that I can do on my own? Please advise. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like THEY need to do that leg work for you. I know BECM Doctor got out of the P38 business, but I'm sure there are places that still repair them (I know Turner offers a service but it needs to be shipped to the UK)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Send a photo private message to Marty_nz.
He can set it right. You cannot swap in another BeCM as they are coded to the engine ECU. You mechanic is a dunce.

·
Registered
199 Posts
pulled and cleared the BeCM... do you/ they have diagnostics? what do the diagnostics say? does the dashboard give any message at all?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
You took it into a garage to have a "conversation kit on the suspension" ??? I take it you mean conversion kit ? Does this mean having coils fitted and doing away with the EAS ?

They "pulled and cleared" the BECM ? By pulled it, you mean took it out completely ? How can they clear it though ? You need advanced diagnostics to wipe everything.

My advice would be to stay with the EAS and get it working. You can get advice on here how to do it.

Do you still have the original BECM ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts