RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Bovee 1000 to replace my iPod in the RR. It acts like an iPod, but it's really a BT link to your phone so that the music comes from your phone library. Works great and highly recommended, see Amazon!

Anyway, it would be perfect but for the ability to "talk" to the phone. On my Corvette, if you hit the voice button once you talk to the car's computer. If you press and hold for a second, it lets you talk to your wireless device (so I could say "Play Cherry Pie by Warrant" for example.

Our RR don't have a native way to do this, but I'm wondering if there's any way to "trick" the system that I haven't thought of, like voice dialing, or some other way to get a voice connection to the phone. Anyone have any ideas?

It works fine if you hold down the home button on the phone. But I can't figure out a way to initiate that from the steering wheel side.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody? Someone could have mentioned, "You could say 'Hey Siri'" which works. But I'm still looking for a clever way to initiate voice commands to the device

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts
Nobody? Most likely not since it is an aftermarket kit you are operating. So you would need input from a member that just happens have the same Bovine 1000. Give folks a chance see your post and offer up info if they have any.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
231 Posts
Nobody? Someone could have mentioned, "You could say 'Hey Siri'" which works. But I'm still looking for a clever way to initiate voice commands to the device
I have a BOVEE but its used with an android system phone...no now tricks to report here...but it does work great no complaints!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts