RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a bunch of looking at various threads on adding bluetooth streaming to my 2012. I opted to try the Bovee 1000 as was recommended. For anyone looking to add Bluetooth streaming for an older RR, this is the way to go. About $100 on Amazon and works awesome.

It plugs into the existing iPod port and then connects to the phone. Streaming quality is awesome and all the in-dash controls work with no issues. It really is a great solution and I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info. Two questions:

- Once paired, does the Bovee output the other phone audio as well (e.g., navigation, other media, and notification sounds)?

- Does the Bovee also require a separate cable to connect it to the iPod port (it didn't look like it comes with one)?

Thanks

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
82 Posts
Hoping others see this - I did the same thing for like $10 on amazon. It's just a little bluetooth enabler that plugs into your AUX port/cigarette lighter in the rear. Works wonderful, sound quality is very high. It does NOT mess with your phone being paired.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
327 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I also have a Bovee and it works very well, it's essentially like having your iPod plugged in to the iPod port, all menu navigation capability is there and now you can have your iPod plugged into the charging plug. I haven't tried to see if there's any interference with the LR bluetooth, but I very much doubt there will be.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9EQ5PW/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IOGC1VDF3KJO2&colid=2ORVXYWLI8BHV&psc=0

I could also have used my iPhone but it's a company phone and my music entire collection is on my iPod.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it mess with the phone being paired to Bluetooth for phone calls?
No, when the phone rings the call routes through the standard bluetooth interface on the car. I can also dial out using the standard bluetooth on the car. It's smooth so far.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. Two questions:

- Once paired, does the Bovee output the other phone audio as well (e.g., navigation, other media, and notification sounds)?

- Does the Bovee also require a separate cable to connect it to the iPod port (it didn't look like it comes with one)?

Thanks
It outputs any audio, no problem. I've been using it to listen to audio books through the Audible app on the phone. It reconnects and starts where I left off automatically. Siri goes to the phone interface automatically anyway. I haven't tried others.

It uses the regular LR iPhone cable. It has a 14-pin iPod connection on it. I bought one with a cable, but there's nothing special about the cable.

The nice thing about the Bovee is that you can use the iPod controls in the head unit to control the phone as it if was wired to the iPod port. I'm pretty picky about how things like this work and this is slick. It's the same as if it was native in the truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks much for the info. I'll order one. I have a variety of Apple and Android devices to try to run through it... I may have a few additional cable purchases in my future as well

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was concerned that I'd have to log in to my iPod every time I got in the car, because the iPod is buried in the cubby with the Bovee. No, music just comes right up where it left off as soon as I switch audio on. NICE! So LR got something right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bought the Bovee 1000 for my 2011. The cable it came with is complete garbage (causes popping noises in the audio), so get the version without that and save yourself a few bucks. The setup with the stock iPod cable (now that I have an undamaged one) works great.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just bought the Bovee 1000 for my 2011. The cable it came with is complete garbage (causes popping noises in the audio), so get the version without that and save yourself a few bucks. The setup with the stock iPod cable (now that I have an undamaged one) works great.
would you have the OEM Part number for the ipod cable? I can't seem to find it in the parts catalog.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does it mess with the phone being paired to Bluetooth for phone calls?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
At first I thought it didn't allow for paring with the phone for calls, but it turns out that it does allow for this. Using Android you actually pair BOTH the car and the Bovee and it all works very nicely. I think I first had to set the Bovee in bluetooth not to work with the phone to allow this.

I cannot say for certain how this works with Apple, but people say it does handle calls as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Bovee device and it works well. It know when to switch between BT music steaming and when a call comes in to the car BT.

·
Registered
14 Posts
would you have the OEM Part number for the ipod cable? I can't seem to find it in the parts catalog.
Sorry, I’m just seeing this now, but maybe it’ll help someone at some point. The part number for the genuine cable is: AH-22-19H461-AB. At least, that is what was referenced on the one I got...

Travis

·
Registered
416 Posts
So with an iphone you lose the ability to use the microphone at the bottom right with the bovee. You click the microphone and u cant speak ur text

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry, I’m just seeing this now, but maybe it’ll help someone at some point. The part number for the genuine cable is: AH-22-19H461-AB. At least, that is what was referenced on the one I got...

Travis
Thank you Travis!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts