RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all.
So as an owner of a Range Rover 2005, one of the things that I have had to deal with is all of the above on the subject line.
In some cases, this type of issues will cause a battery drain and if you are not driving it for a couple of days, you will end up with a dead battery.

let me give you a run down on how you can fix some of these things. Now this may or may not work for you, but it sure did for me.

Bluetooth module. best thing to to is bypass the module. The Bluetooth technology on the module is old and newer phones will not work with it. Unplug the power and then connect the MOST system back into a loop.
what you do is get the one that has the red light beaming and connect it to the one going into the amp. Take a Bic pen. pull off the inside of one and you are left with the tube, the cover, the ink tube and the small part that is holding the ink tube. use that tube which will be put the fiber wire together. sometimes the light doesn't stay direct, so you will have to play with it and maybe eve use a straight object and then tape it together so the light passes through directly.

If the amplifier is not working. try the following. Remove it and open the inside. use rubbing alcohol and a new toothbrush to just rub the board on both sides. clean any rust or dirt you see and let it dry. it actually takes 5 minutes or less to dry. when connecting. If it got cleaned and its still working, as soon as you start connecting the wires back on, you will see the red light beaming from the amp. put the fiber plug in last so you see the red light. make sure its still on when you do. when I did it the first time, I waited to long and by that time, the radio wouldn't work.

in a nutshell, open each system and don't be afraid to clean them with rubbing alcohol. I am actually going to try to do the navigation system and Bluetooth module just to see if they work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think my amp has a fault as the bass sound from the bottom door speakers sounds distorted, i even tried replacing the speakers but the sound was still the same. i need to remove the amp and open it up, could be that damp has got in and has caused issues with the components. The trouble with rust is that just cleaning with solvents wont stop it growing back, its like cancer for metal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think my amp has a fault as the bass sound from the bottom door speakers sounds distorted, i even tried replacing the speakers but the sound was still the same. i need to remove the amp and open it up, could be that damp has got in and has caused issues with the components. The trouble with rust is that just cleaning with solvents wont stop it growing back, its like cancer for metal.
I noticed the same type of distortion on the back of rear speakers before it went out. unfortunately, the gps and the Bluetooth I was not able to salvage.
I may try something like a rust corrosion cleaner and try them again. to fix mine, all i did was use the rubbing alcohol so glad that was it.

I am actually going to built more of a protection thing inside the area so that I can prevent the water damage in the future. I picked up some type of aluminum sheet that I used when my gutters were leaking water to my deck. it was easy to cut and place. i still have a couple and ill cut it to create a border around it so that the water doesnt come direct to it.

good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts