RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
A MY05 was the first MOST year amd wouldn't be a BMW system.

However the factory Ipod kit with a bit of work can be installed into a MY05. I bought a factory L322 ipod kit from lrparts for like $150 a year or two ago. Add a Bovee with the power adaptor and you can stream music or any other audio from your phone. I'd guestimate $200 total in parts.

OP: I have a Navtool and NavTV with my LR iPod kit in a MY06. They mostly do different things, different ways. A proper NavTV with MOST audio injection is about $800 USD or so but won't give you phone controls like a Bovee as its really just another analog aux input.
I have been trying to get my hands on an ipod kit and have been searching EVERYWHERE! Seems to be absolutely obsolete! :( I guess my next option is NavTV BUT i still need an "aux" input to allow the NAVTV to function...sigh

Any possible leads on the LR ipod kit?

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
im too far from an expert to be able to opine. im sure there are better informed people here that cld say. pls let us know what the dealer tells you

·
Registered
22 Posts
im too far from an expert to be able to opine. im sure there are better informed people here that cld say. pls let us know what the dealer tells you
So I called them and they cant tell me anything (eyeroll) aside form "per your VIN it doesnt fit your car" A any rate he is going to do some research and call me back regarding fitment and function and also will check into VPLME0004 as well. Fingers crossed....still lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Alright, soooo the ipod kit option for the RR L320 is out as they do NOT have any experience with the kit nor any experience intergrating it into an L322 hence they wont sell it to me as its a custom order item and they dont wanna get stuck with it. VPLME0004 is still very obsolete at every LR dealer so that still out. Hopefully @Britishdezi will chime in and post a link for where he ordered his VPLME0004 kit.....fingers crossed still lol. Thanks for the efforts @ttforcefed

21 - 39 of 39 Posts