RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the Bluetooth phone but not the Bluetooth audio streaming. Fm transmitter is a hit and miss. I have seen devices on navtv and connects2 but has anyone used those options
Though seriously I am fine with using my cell phone navigation but seriously need a better Bluetooth audio streaming mechanism. Hardwired blue tooth fm transmitter
My budget is around to be under 600 I will go up to a 1000 but not willing to lose the cats amp and speakers
Obviously the cheaper the better
Any ideas options
Thanks all

·
Registered
163 Posts
So I have the Bluetooth phone but not the Bluetooth audio streaming. Fm transmitter is a hit and miss. I have seen devices on navtv and connects2 but has anyone used those options
Though seriously I am fine with using my cell phone navigation but seriously need a better Bluetooth audio streaming mechanism. Hardwired blue tooth fm transmitter
My budget is around to be under 600 I will go up to a 1000 but not willing to lose the cats amp and speakers
Any ideas options
Thanks all
Do you have an iPod connector in the 2005?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
This is what I’m using. Plugs into the entertainment inlet for the backseat. Only $29.

Belkin 3.5mm Audio Cable with Lightning Connector

·
Registered
200 Posts
See my post here:

I believe you have the same amplifier and if you’re in UK, it should be even cheaper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been using this in my 2006 Rover for almost a year, now. Keep the volume on your phone at 100% and use the vehicle radio volume button (or steering wheel volume buttons) to control volume - this keeps "fuzz" from happening 😉

Anker Roav SmartCharge F0 Bluetooth FM Transmitter for Car, Audio Adapter and Receiver, Hands-Free Calling, MP3 Car Charger with 2 USB Ports, PowerIQ, and AUX Output (No Dedicated App) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJ7DHMP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_I-RMDbFA3352V

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve been using this in my 2006 Rover for almost a year, now. Keep the volume on your phone at 100% and use the vehicle radio volume button (or steering wheel volume buttons) to control volume - this keeps "fuzz" from happening 😉

Anker Roav SmartCharge F0 Bluetooth FM Transmitter for Car, Audio Adapter and Receiver, Hands-Free Calling, MP3 Car Charger with 2 USB Ports, PowerIQ, and AUX Output (No Dedicated App) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJ7DHMP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_I-RMDbFA3352V
Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
See my post here:

I believe you have the same amplifier and if you’re in UK, it should be even cheaper.
A MY05 was the first MOST year amd wouldn't be a BMW system.

However the factory Ipod kit with a bit of work can be installed into a MY05. I bought a factory L322 ipod kit from lrparts for like $150 a year or two ago. Add a Bovee with the power adaptor and you can stream music or any other audio from your phone. I'd guestimate $200 total in parts.

OP: I have a Navtool and NavTV with my LR iPod kit in a MY06. They mostly do different things, different ways. A proper NavTV with MOST audio injection is about $800 USD or so but won't give you phone controls like a Bovee as its really just another analog aux input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any ideas options
Thanks all
I have a 2002P38 and use a GROM in-dash deal - it takes over the CD player connections from the 6 disc changer and works great - I don't play CD so not an issue for me - they make different models check them out

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 2002P38 and use a GROM in-dash deal - it takes over the CD player connections from the 6 disc changer and works great - I don't play CD so not an issue for me - they make different models check them out
Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
This doesn't work for a MY05 MOST system. Those worked on the BMW systems through MY04.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks no aux input only came in the ones with the rear entertainment system
This is disheartening. 2012 L322 here and there is a console 3.5mm AUX as well as a rear of console AUX without having rear VES. (No headrest screens, and an otherwise blank plate where the video connectors would be).

If willing to give up 4x4 display, go parallel and replace head unit with an Android lookalike. If not, may have to custom make a console mounted or glove compartment second head unit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
This is disheartening. 2012 L322 here and there is a console 3.5mm AUX as well as a rear of console AUX without having rear VES. (No headrest screens, and an otherwise blank plate where the video connectors would be).

If willing to give up 4x4 display, go parallel and replace head unit with an Android lookalike. If not, may have to custom make a console mounted or glove compartment second head unit.

Chiming in here: OP if you've got RSE on a MY05 you should definately have an "aux" input in the rear of the center console, next to the RSE RCA inputs. You should also have an "aux" option to the right of your Radio/DVD options in the media portion of your IHU.

Post a pic of what you've got so we can see.

Most of the 10" Android units will have 4x4 and most of the other info according to what's posted online. Given i haven't played with one IRL but one the more expensive units it mimics most of the Radio/IHU functions. We're taliking $800-1000 USD cost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts