RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone .

I picked up my Rand Rover Supercharged 06 model like 3 days ago , i have to admit it's the best ride ever , anyway i need some help (sorry for being a rookie here) My bluetooth connection with my iPhone 4s works perfectly but i have 2 issues .

1- i couldn't upload my phone book to the car , i searched a lot and as i understood that i need to update my bluetooth firmware ... so any tips for self upgrade ? does anyone know from where i can download the updates ?

2- when i'm speaking through the bluetooth , sometimes people on the other side hear me so clearly that they have to lower their phone speaker volume and other times they don't hear me at all. any tips for that ??? is there anyway to control the microphone sensitivity for example?

Thanks guys in advance

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
1) You need a dealer (or suitably equipped LR indy shop) to update your PTI module's software via diagnostics. It sure would be nice if you could do it yourself at home, though. :D Upgrading the module's software doesn't guarantee your phone book will upload though, the handset must have been tested as compatible.

2) If your voice quality / volume varies from good to bad at the other end, that sounds more like a handset or cell phone provider's signal strength issue than a problem with the module in your car, and as far as I know the mic has no sensitivity adjustments anyway, either it works or it doesn't. The microphone itself is in the front overhead console, so speak with a normal tone in that general direction, keep your windows and sunroof shut to minimize background noise, and try keeping the speakers volume at 25 or less so callers don't hear their own echo when talking to you.

Welcome!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dude just use Siri on the phone press the home key hold it down and tell Siri to call whoever. I have a 4s and its so cool to have Siri do it better than having to pay a 100.00 bucks for a software update from the dealer that might not work.
Captain
Ken

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great idea using Siri, do you have any problems with auto-pairing? I have to manually pair it everytime I get in to the car? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not at All it connects automatically I even sometimes when I leave the car an I'm in the range of the bluetooth even if the car is off I have to disconnect to speak on the phone

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, strange mine doesn't auto-pair, I'm starting to think its the software on the radio. Will drop in to the dealer and ask them to update. Too painful to have to manually pair everytime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For issue 2...

My wife and I have this same problem. She has an iPhone 4 and I have a 4s (It happens with both). We found that if we are already talking on the phone when we get in the vehicle, once switching to bluetooth, the person we are talking to can hardly hear us. But, If we start a call after the bluetooth is already connected it seems to work fine. I normally end up calling back whoever i'm talking to whenever the bluetooth connects.

Also, when your iPhone is connected to the bluetooth and your talking to someone via the bluetooth, hit the volume up button on the outside of the phone. On the iphone screen it should either show the bluetooth symbol, or say bluetooth (I can't remember which) with a volume indicator. I turn that all the way up.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I spoke with the dealer today and he reckons its an issue with phone and not the software in the jeep. I'm not so sure and want to make sure. Does anybody's iPhone 4S auto sync with 2007 3.6 V8 HSE and if so did they have to get an update to their jeeps software? The vin code for the model is 999343.

Thanks in advance for any guidance / help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts