RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Got an early build 2006 (Sept 2005 I think with the RES) RRS - It has all the phone triggers on the steering wheel but no phone installed - when I search for bluetooth with my blackberry I see land rover as discovered but cant connect - which leads me to think bluetooth is included (??) but just doesnt work with my blackberry 8700. Any thoughts - or anyone know what the passcode is to connect with a different device??

thanks for your help in advance

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think the code to my truck was 2121 for a 09 RRS. Could be your phone as well, but not sure. Maybe you should upgrade to the Bold.

Jus Sayin...

·
Registered
40 Posts
You have it, you just have to have your phone search for the Land Rover and enter the correct code to connect. There are instructions somewhere on the Land Rover website.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all - stuck with my work blackberry until it breaks:)

- maybe a new thread but the new Iphone vs the new verizon tour?? - the mrs is ready for an upgrade!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well I think I have a solution to being stuck with your BB until it breaks. On Saturday, I went to the store, picked up a few items,a nd placed them in the back of the truck. I left my bold on the bumper and drove home. realized there is no phone, so I drove back ot the store, and found it right on the edge of the shoulder. The screen is through, but I can still receive calls. Maybe that will work for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just tried the website entering the last 6 digits of my vin ....910271 - comes back invalid vin

Someone mentioned earlier up about software upgrades - would I have got those automatically when my car goes to the dealer - does that mean it will support the new phones?? - or do I have to pay for it?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
anthedwards said:
Just tried the website entering the last 6 digits of my vin ....910271 - comes back invalid vin

Someone mentioned earlier up about software upgrades - would I have got those automatically when my car goes to the dealer - does that mean it will support the new phones?? - or do I have to pay for it?
Yeah, my VIN is not "valid" either on that site today. Must be a temporary bug.

TSBs / software updates are not done automatically (unless they are part of a recall or service campaign.) If there is a stated problem with your car and applying a software patch from an existing TSB will cure it - for instance your Blackberry should connect via Bluetooth according to their compatible list, but won't - the service and any parts are paid for by your 4/50 factory warranty. If you would like a TSB applied to your car because it will offer additional features or better performance (such as the TSB allowing Bluetooth module upgrade on 06-08 models to enable phonebook transfer over Bluetooth), you have to make the request when you check in. But, the dealer will most likely charge you for labor - and parts, if they are required.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Called LRNA - they say they have no record of me having Bluetooth and talk to the dealer (Landrover Manhattan)- so no further forward - got a new BBcurve and that discovers "Land Rover Audio Device" but still no luck pairing with the 2121 code s'ppose I can request the Bluetooth upgrade at the next service and find out first and last unless anyone has any other ideas??

Cheers

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Land Rover Audio Device? Wait a minute... Do you have a docking cradle receptacle under the center armrest lid? Like this one:

If there is no receptacle there, your 2006 RRS could be fitted with the Bluetooth-only module (a dealer installed accessory), which has a somewhat more limited functionality compared to the factory PTI that became standard issue on MY07s and later. I believe the pairing code for the accessory module is different too, it's definitely not 2121. Try "0000" next time the phone finds Land Rover, and see if it pairs.

If you do have the dealer installed accessory - rather than the factory PTI - you will be able to dial numbers using the keypad of your handset and send/answer or end a call using the paddles on the steering wheel, but unlike the factory PTI the radio LCD will not show incoming or dialed numbers, and you won't be able to use the radio keypad next to the LCD to dial numbers, either. I think you can store phone #s in the voice recognition memory even with the dealer installed accessory, though, s/b about 50 names/numbers. Also, unlike the factory PTI no software updates are available for that accessory module, so you'll have to live with whatever functionality you get out of it today. :wink:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eureka!!! - Thanks Umberto thats fantastic - looks like I've got the dealer installed accessory - its been bugging the 'ell out of me that I couldnt get it to work - if only I can find an instruction manual now - anyone have it - want to see how to use the voice tags to store numbers - searched the internet last night to no avail - guess I should check my manual too..

for anyone else who has this a blackberry curve on T-mobile pairs with the system (although so far have to re-pair - when I get back in) - I'll update if I work out how to make it automatic

Cheers

Anthony

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I imagine you can store name tags and numbers the same way as you would with PTI, either by saying "Phone Store Name" and following the voice prompts (good luck getting that lady to understand your spelling of each phone #) or using the touchscreen, which is much easier and faster: Settings > Voice Settings > Voice Add Name > Dial number on the keypad, press Add and record the matching name tag after the beep. Not sure if the second method is available without the factory PTI, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts