RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Range Rover sport, when I connect my phone via Bluetooth and sync the contacts it syncs every person I have ever emailed & they all come up in the contacts list in the car.
I think this is to do with the 'suggested contacts feature in outlook.
Any one else had this issue and any tips on how to fix this so I only get my contacts and not a whole load of email addresses too

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome to RR's POS infotainment. There's no fix. It downloads everything, even if you have suggested contacts unchecked. The only thing I can think of is removing your phone from the car, disabling suggested contacts in Outlook, wiping all existing suggested contacts from your computer, removing your linked email/contacts account from your phone, and re-syncing the whole thing back again. -- To me, not worth it.

Jose

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have suggested contacts unchecked and it does still upload them as you say.
I agree that solution not really worth it as the suggested contacts is useful on the computer but a pain in the car.
Are Land Rover aware? Do you know? I assume this is a common issue.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
126 Posts
This is something the phone should control, not each individual bluetooth destination. You might also be able to stop Outlook for putting all your suggested contacts into your phone directory. They are probably also going to a specific group that you can control for bluetooth destinations (see below).

For iPhone, in Bluetooth...Range Rover Sport you can click the little "i" icon on the right and control some of what gets transferred. I uncheck All Contacts and instead have a folder of primary contacts I want transferred via Bluetooth. You can also selectively check/uncheck Phone Favorites and Phone Recents groups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts