RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
New to the forum but have been lurking around since I got my 2008 RRS last year.

I know this has been a topic discussed numerous times but I can't seem to find the answer to my problem.I tried to pair my Samsung S8 with my RRS and had no luck. The phone would pair and the contacts would transfer but every time I made or received a call, I would have no audio and the call would drop. I made my peace with that and am using an aftermarket headset paired to my phone to send and receive calls. The problem is I can't get the bluetooth on my car to stop requesting to pair with my phone. When it requests the PIN, I hit cancel and it will continue to pop up every 10-15 seconds.
Is there a way to remove "Land Rover" from my available devices list so it doesn't want to pair with my phone? I can't turn off my bluetooth because I need it for my handsfree headset.
Thanks for any advice....

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
231 Posts
You could try unplugging it (it sits behind the rear left side panel in the trunk area see picture of what old D3 BT unit looks like) which probably won't work - theses rovers are very finicky
Or you could upgrade it to the D4 bluetooth unit in 2010-2016 rovers (see picture of newer D4 BT unit looks like many on eBay) and also click the link below for instructions of how to go about this swap - very easy, just two wires and MOST cable, Works Great! Good Luck.

Old D3 BT oldbt.jpg

New D4 BT newBt.jpg

Don't forget to search/google/ for panel removal instructions and read all the instructions and side links - here's the conversion instructions link

1 - 3 of 3 Posts