RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I used to have an 06 RRS and now I have a L322. Love it... absolutely love it.

anyways, like some I can't live without music in my car, I have bluetooth which connects my Samsung S5 however as you all know that it does not have media playback.

Anyways, so I purchased one of these
$_57.JPG

Its awesome, so what it does it has bluetooth (you can use it for your phone and the mic on it is really good) OR the feature I loved was that I can connect my phone to this for Media and have my phone also connected for bluetooth to the factory bluetooth. This way I can play my audio from my phone in Aux and the phone still rings and I get calls perfectly fine.

Only thing is that you cannot select tracks from your OEM stereo. However with samsung s5 there's the voice feature and you can say next or previous.

All this cost me was $13 dollars from Ebay.

I thought its really neat and a good solution to not having an Ipod connection or paying hundreds of dollars for the connection.

You can find them anywhere on ebay. They're called "Wireless Bluetooth Music Streaming 3.5mm Stereo Home Car Audio Receiver Adapter#"

Good luck guys, hope this helps someone out there that is dying for some music other then the radio and having to burn CD's lol.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, but if you are truly an audiophile BT will never ever be a worthwhile sound as compared to direct line connections.That being said, it seems like a decent enough quick fix for those with audio in, which unfortunately eliminates the <'06MY crowd.
Thanks for sharing though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
horse86 and Les_Hall : I have the actual one that i took a picture of an it works great, no sound quality issues. It's a real cheap solution and its nice and small so there are no wires.

drdread: I think that any true audiophile would have a full blown upgraded system in their car with equalizer and upgraded speakers, amps etc. This was just a solution to having some music played through your phone in your car so some people don't have to purchase expensive additions just to play an Ipod.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, but if you are truly an audiophile BT will never ever be a worthwhile sound as compared to direct line connections.
100% agree. I always use CDs. Even the line in connection is inferior to the CDs in cartridge.

·
Registered
175 Posts
horse86 and Les_Hall : I have the actual one that i took a picture of an it works great, no sound quality issues. It's a real cheap solution and its nice and small so there are no wires.

drdread: I think that any true audiophile would have a full blown upgraded system in their car with equalizer and upgraded speakers, amps etc. This was just a solution to having some music played through your phone in your car so some people don't have to purchase expensive additions just to play an Ipod.
how big is it? It looks large from the pic.

I'm assuming you are using the AUX jack in the rear of the center console?

What phone do you have paired with it. I'm curious if you are using an iphone.

Does it have substantial bass? Only the Tune2Air gives me accurate bass and sound from the options I've tried...the others either sounded terrible or no bass.

Have you tried streaming music like Spotify?

how does it charge/get power? The Tune2Air has a USB connection for power and the Aux jack to push the sound to through the Aux.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how big is it? It looks large from the pic.

I'm assuming you are using the AUX jack in the rear of the center console?

What phone do you have paired with it. I'm curious if you are using an iphone.

Does it have substantial bass? Only the Tune2Air gives me accurate bass and sound from the options I've tried...the others either sounded terrible or no bass.

Have you tried streaming music like Spotify?

how does it charge/get power? The Tune2Air has a USB connection for power and the Aux jack to push the sound to through the Aux.
Hi,

Yes it plugs into the auxiliary jack in the back of the center console.

I have it connected to Samsung Galaxy S5.

To be honest, I feel that it does the job pretty good. I do come from a "audio head" background where I've had audio systems in my car and I've been through the subs, the amps, the eq's and the sound competitions. I feel that this little device does a pretty good job of giving off good sound. (I will see if I can make a audio clip and post it for you guys)

I'm not saying you should use it to have a party with but it does what most people would want it to do.

I have not tried to stream spotify, I have downloaded music on my phone which I play.

It get's charged with a micro USB cable (like a bluetooth headset). Once charged you can use it, if it's starting to lose power it makes a beeping sound. This plugs directly into the AUX jack and has space to install another auxiliary wired device.

See the pictures attached, hopefully that helps in showing how big it is. Let me know if you have any questions.

20150306_075958_resized.jpg 20150306_080016_resized.jpg 20150306_080011_resized.jpg 20150306_075938_resized.jpg 20150306_080023_resized.jpg

·
Registered
175 Posts
looks like you could get a USB cig lighter adapter and use that to keep it wired and charging.

Streaming music is what I'm most concerned about as one 1 device I've tried sounds and has bass. Tune2Air has been the only one. Try downloading spotify (its free) and seeing how that sounds.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Many years later...

I'm actually looking to do something similar, however, I have found that the sound level from the audio in port in the center console is very low. You have to turn up the main volume in the car to almost max to really hear anything properly (this is with my phone's Bluetooth sound level turned completely up as well).

Is something wrong if this is the case? Or is there a way to adjust the sound level for the audio in?

If it's just made that way, I'll probably end up taking apart the center console and put a tiny amplifier in between the Bluetooth and the audio in (which I will hardwire, along with the Bluetooth adapter and hide the entire setup in the center console somewhere so it's invisible).

Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's a clever solution!

Does it allow you to still have your phone connected via Bluetooth at the same time (for speaking on the phone) as well as for audio out?

(FYI, I have an Android phone)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, your phone still connects to the phone function while connected to the bovee unit for audio. Works very well actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
I can vouch for that too. Although I have my old iPod touch connected to the Bovee and my iPhone connected to AUX. I don't use my iPhone for music, I may play the odd radio station app from it. The iPod sits in the cubby and stays fully powered all the while, and starts where it left off, plus track listing is displayed on the RR menu screen and the steering wheel controls work for it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It still seems like there should be a way to take out the old Nokia phone connection and run a new BT connection to the head unit where that was plugged in. I don't know enough about wiring to even give it a shot.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Another +1 for the Bovee. I've had it about 7 months now in my 2012 and it works awesome with my iPhoneX. I've pretty much stopped using my Sirius since. No issues at all with Phone/music, etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the Bovee everyone. I have ordered this and will reply back with my experience.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Bovee from the point of view of an Android user....

1. This device is made specially for iOS phones. It does work with Android phones, but with limited functionality.

2. With Android you basically get a Bluetooth connection to hear the audio from your phone in the car's speakers and that's it. No other controls are available.

3. Can you hook up the car's own Bluetooth phone connection AT THE SAME TIME as you have the Bovee connected? Yes, but you have to do it manually. The phone won't connect to both devices at once and in my experience the Bovee becomes dominant. That means that if you leave your phone's Bluetooth on and start the car, the Bovee will connect but the Land Rover phone will not. You then have to go into your Bluetooth settings and manually connect the phone to have both. The good news is that when both are connected, it does mute the phone's audio when you receive a call.

4. Volume is still an issue (the same way it is with the audio in jack). With Android phones, the volume (out) on the phone's Bluetooth audio must be turned up all the way, and you will still have to turn up the radio volume to match the volume levels of using the radio without Bluethooth. A minor annoyance, but still an issue (when you want to switch back to XM, for example, your volume level will be too high).

Even with those issues, I like this solution as it isn't something I will use every day and it's completely hidden and turnkey. Thanks to everyone for the suggestion and I hope the Android information proves useful.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A brief update after working with it some more:

You can get it to automatically connect to both the car's phone and the Bovee, by going into the Bluetooth settings for the Bovee and removing the 'use as phone' option and just leaving 'use for audio' option. Then they phone and the Bovee connect automatically at the same time.

And I do actually have ONE control available to me on the car's screen, which is pause.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Interesting, this kinda makes sense as it's connected to the iPhone jack in the truck and the web site talks about it for iPod/iPhone integration.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts