RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Land Rover Gurus,

I am hoping that someone might be able to help. I have a 2008 Range Rover Sport - just bought last week!
I have a small issue with my IPhone 3G (version 3.1.2) while connected through bluetooth: everything works fine except for the display (on the RRS). For some reason, when i am connected via bluetooth, all that comes up on the display of the Sport is the word 'bluetooth' and a phone symbol. I expected that, from reading the manual, the display of the Sport will also show the carrier (AT&T) and signal information (bars) but it doesn't. Its kind of annoying since i cannot tell what my signal strength is and i drive in some remote areas!

Has anyone else come across this? I looked in the manual but could not see anything relevant. When i check the Bluetooth Compatibility with my VIN and phone, it says the only thing missing will be call lists...

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Unless they changed the BT interface after 2006, AFAIK on MY06 through 08 network and signal strength information only popped up on the LCD for hardwired handsets - connected via the armrest cradle thingie that has long since been discontinued but was supplied up to MY08 - not those connected via Bluetooth. I get the same display as yours on my upgraded MY06 PTI module, the word Bluetooth and a phone icon (and, as an added bonus, the digital clock disappears while on a call... :roll: )

PS: Welcome to the forum cassiusonline. Rimini Red is awesome. :thumb:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well guys I have a 06RRSSC and I got the bluetooth module replaced under warranty :dance: I now have the 09 motorola module instead of the NOKIA...
my blackberry bold works flawlessly... it shows different contact numbers under each name on the display and it does show ATT&t symbol with the bars before I make a call. I complained that my calls were dropping intermittenly even though the BOLD is on the approved list of phones and that it would not connect regularly when entering the truck... I suggest trying the above and get it replaced...with the NEW iphone due in JUNE and technology changing so fast the 06-08 module will become even more obsolete

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the replies to my Q.
Yeah, its not exactly a show-stopper of an issue but would be nice to know when my signal is 1 bar or 5 bars before taking a call (and not having to look at my IPhone!).

@ O-town - was getting the module replaced a big deal?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
Hey guys, just in case it helps at all I wanted to let you know that I've had my 2010 RRS SC for a couple of weeks now and the I-phone seems fully functional through the BT.

Regards, Megs.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cassiusonline, to answer your question the answer is YES, I use the Blue Tooth quite often and the 06-08 module will only show one number per contact
the 09 plus module gives you the option of what number you want to call from each contact, and it also shows the signal strength of the call.
Plus, with new phones coming out technology is changing so fast, some newer phones will not even work with the NOKIA module. and it was free `)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts