RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an odd problem with the Bluetooth audio. I'm using an iphone 4s and listening to bluetooth audio. I'm using the Podcast app on the phone. When I'm playing a podcast and the screen on the RRS goes from the "audio" screen to the "home" screen it automatically pauses the audio. The screen is set to automatically go back to the home screen after a few minutes so the audio pauses automatically. I have to go into the phone and hit play again. If I do anything on the RRS screen and it changes back, the audio pauses again. This started a few weeks ago and wasn't happening prior. Anyone have any ideas on this? It's driving me nuts.
Thanks,
Mike

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Sounds odd, indeed. Have you tried deleting Land Rover from your iPhone's list of BT devices, then rebooting and re-pairing the iPhone yet? Also, just want to make sure: The iPhone is not connected to the car with the USB cable, right? It's just streaming audio via Bluetooth?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Streaming via bluetooth. I have to double check and see if it happens while streaming music. If it is only the app then that narrows it down. Still shouldn't happen though.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I am not familiar with the iOS ecosystem, but with my Android phone I've found out that the app can make all the difference when it comes to Bluetooth streaming. For instance, I often stream Radio Paradise - an internet only radio station - in my car via BT. If I use a "generic" app such as XiiaLivePro, streaming RP works great and I get album and artist name to display on the touchscreen as a bonus. If I use the dedicated Radio Paradise app for Android (which normally works great on its own) to stream it via BT, nothing but trouble. App freezes, streaming hiccups, no artist / album info on the touchscreen... For the same exact stream! So, perhaps it is your app, or a recent update to it, that broke something that was working just fine before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am not familiar with the iOS ecosystem, but with my Android phone I've found out that the app can make all the difference when it comes to Bluetooth streaming. For instance, I often stream Radio Paradise - an internet only radio station - in my car via BT. If I use a "generic" app such as XiiaLivePro, streaming RP works great and I get album and artist name to display on the touchscreen as a bonus. If I use the dedicated Radio Paradise app for Android (which normally works great on its own) to stream it via BT, nothing but trouble. App freezes, streaming hiccups, no artist / album info on the touchscreen... For the same exact stream! So, perhaps it is your app, or a recent update to it, that broke something that was working just fine before.
Agree with the above quote. The app makes all the difference, especially when using via bluetooth. An update to your Podcast app, can disturb your Bluetooth connection. Additionally, you may have other bluetooth/app issues until app developers and Apple IOS 7 are in sync. Apple is expected to launch there IOS 7 as early as tomorrow. Hopefully the app developers have been updating their apps with the IOS 7 Beta version. Who knows, maybe your Podcast app has the IOS 7 update, but your iphone is waiting for the IOS 7 release.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I did a little testing. It does not occur when I listen to music streaming via bluetooth. Only on the Podcast app. And here's the kicker. It only happens when I listen to the podcast and 1.5x speed (which is how I normally listen to them in order to finish them faster). I changed the playback speed to 1x and it does not pause when I switch the screens on the RRS display. So it is definitely an app issue and even more specifically a speed playback issue. I don't even know where to elevate this to at apple.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I did a little testing. It does not occur when I listen to music streaming via bluetooth. Only on the Podcast app. And here's the kicker. It only happens when I listen to the podcast and 1.5x speed (which is how I normally listen to them in order to finish them faster). I changed the playback speed to 1x and it does not pause when I switch the screens on the RRS display. So it is definitely an app issue and even more specifically a speed playback issue. I don't even know where to elevate this to at apple.
This is what we call finding a software bug with the app. Before reporting an app problem, I would wait till IOS 7 comes out later tonight/tomorrow (as reported). If after the IOS 7 release you still have the issue, then you can always contact Apple or share in their recent apple podcast app forum troubleshooting at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4437947?start=0&tstart=0

Hope this helps

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the info. I'll wait it out for the iOS upgrade and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts