Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, need some advice, occasionally i get Blue Smoke under very heavy acceleration, does not happen all the time and almost feels like it builds up, once i have blown it all out it won't happen for a period of time, it's almost as though it builds up, car drives spot on with no power loss issues etc. no lights on dash and no codes, any idea's welcome. Its the 3.0 SDV6 2012MY
Thanks

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
2 Posts
I have the same issue on a 3.0 SDV6 2011MY. I read on this forum that some have had turbos replaced. It's only occasionally and when I floor it. I think it might be oil once blown out takes a while to build up again.

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE LUX 5.0, 2000 & 1998 P38 HSE
9 Posts
Take a look at the brake booster vacuum pump just above and right of the alternator pulley. Inspect the "push-connect" vacuum line fitting and surrounding plastic. Its not common (often enough JLR modified this part) but if this plastic connection cracks breaks or otherwise leaks it will cause the oil to be sucked into intake where it accumulates until some random moment it blows a smoke cloud that can stop traffic. No other symptoms or malfunctions, simply expels the smoke cloud and returns to business as usual. If you are consuming more oil lately, have no other symptoms, this could very well be your problem. Best bet is to replace the 300 vacuum pump. If you are long on time and short on money you can possibly find success with a repair on the bench. Dont attempt to do this with part in place you are wasting your time and risking internal contamination with your chosen epoxy or sealant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts