Range Rovers Forum banner

Blue jean stains on leather

11K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Dan_UK_1984 
#1 ·
What do you guys use to clean blue jean stains on leather? The car is an 09 HSE so the leather can take some scrubbing but I have had no luck with normal leather cleaners.

#2 ·
Is the interior color Ivory? If so, a real pain!
Mine would get dirty just by looking at it! That is why I would never get that interior color again!! Good-luck

#4 ·
When I had my Jag with cream interior I cleaned the seats up with Dr Power before selling. Its like a paste with wooly pad. Available from Robert Dyas (are you in the states? cant tell) any way the seats came up like new. They will need a moisturiser afterwards though. I use W5 leather moisturiser from Lidl

#5 ·
Use Saddle Soap and a stiff nail brush to work it into the surface, then a deap pile microfibre cloth to wipe the excess out. Then you need to feed the leather as you will have taken a lot of the oils out. Use Connolly Hide food (Here), rub it into the surface and leave it until the next day, then buff it off. The leather should then feel super soft to the touch, if not give it another dose of the hide food.

I've found nothing else cleans cream leather like this treatment, but expect to have sore hands afterwards. It helps if you do it on a warm day as the leather is more supple.

People will say that modern leather doesn't need this treatment because of the tanalising process, but if you've managed to stain the leather then you're ass has already warn through the very thin sealed surface the manufacturers put on. Now I only wear cords (I'm 25 and wear cords, kill me now) to stop this happening!

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.