RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 P38 4.0 Blower came on when I started RR a few weeks ago and will not go off. Need help as bonnet will not open either! Help Please

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
So what is the issue? P38 fans do not turn all the way off by design. They turn down to a low speed by design to maintain air circulation in the cabin... as posted numerous times included just a few days ago.

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
The interior fans can be turned off completely, but only if the A/C is off as well. With the A/C on, the lowest possible setting is 1 bar on the display.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,198 Posts
As Escape says.

If you mean that the blower is running at full speed all the time, and won't change speed, then it could be that one of the driver transistors on the blower has failed.

These are replaceable, and from memory the same as some on Citroen vehicles aswell. Or it might be easier to just swap the whole blower motor assembly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Or it could be one of the fan relays in the fuse compartement which is under the bonnet...so first try to solve your bonnet problem :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have similar problem. From the sound, it's just the right hand side motor on my Rangie that is doing this. I suspect the relay is blown, but the person I bought the car off said he'd replaced that. However when I had a look at the pollen filters this is what I found! Pollen filter.jpg
I then had to get a vacuum to suck out all the crud in the cavity where i'd pulled the filters out. The poor blower must have felt like it was trying to suck air through concrete. So new pollen filters and relay on order and we'll see if that fixes the problem. The vehicle seems really well maintained, but I read on this forum that often the pollen filters get overlooked.
Don't know if this helps you, but it's another thing to check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts