RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone says it I have done the search function thingy and my questioned is not about fixing them, which is a job for next week. My question is is it safe to leave them on over the weekend, I need to go somewhere tomorrow that is about an hour away, so the blowers will be on high constantly for two 1 hour periods? Dosen't matter what I do with the fan speed from the HVAC it just stays on.
Or I can pull the fuse F34(?) which shuts them off which I have done already to see if it did in fact shut them off, or is that dodgy in some way that I am unaware of?
Thank you for your time in advance.
Aynsley

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

The fans should have no problem with running at full load, they are designed to be able to. Here in tropical Malaysia my blowers are most of the time running at just below max speed as the noise of full speed is too loud for comfort and listening to the radio. I have had to change the carbon brushes of the fans when the car was 8 years old and one of the original fans is still working with the car now approaching 15 years of age.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
701 Posts
Pulling the fuse just cuts power to that particular system. It should not cause anything to go "wrong". The HVAC ECU might register a fault and show that book sign we all love so much :) .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts