RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blower motor stops & then back on? Intermittent ... Final Stage Resistor?

2003 range rover l322 , when the blower is on it will intermittently shut off and turn on and sometimes be just fine. Just just started few days ago. When it's doing this if I raise or lower the speed when problem is happening it's unresponsive.
Pretty sure it might be the Final Stage Resistor? Anyone have any problem like this before?
I know this resistor is located in the passenger side lower panel, just wanted to get some feed back before I order this . Thanks

·
Registered
888 Posts
Re: Blower motor stops & then back on? Intermittent ... Final Stage Resistor?

I'm not sure anyone has reported a symptom like yours in regards to the FSR. I'm no expert on this, so take it for what it's worth. I wouldn't think that it is, but changing it is easy if the cost isn't too high for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I can get it for 65 that's wholesale cost. I am going to try it if no one replies. Someone had to have this problem...

·
Registered
31 Posts

Wish I could help, but i can say I've had very rare intermittent issues with the blower motor as well. In my case, its only when cold starting and the blower does finally kick on after several minutes of driving. During the down time, all the climate control lights work as normal. In my case the blower motor has not stopped once its going, the only outages I've seen are from a cold start.

Its only happened to me 5-6 times in the last year (and not for the last couple of months). I have no other symptoms so I haven't bothered troubleshooting although FSR came to mind from reading threads the last couple of years.

I'll be interested to see if the FSR resolves it if you end up going that route.

2002 (03 MY) L322 HSE
32K miles

·
Registered
209 Posts

I would definitely change the FSR. But make sure it's a genuine part - BEHR? Don't get a crappy imitation from China. My blower motor started to become intermittent, and over a period of a couple months stopped working altogether. Replacing with a new FSR fixed it. This was about 6-9 months ago. However, the other day, when it was the coldest it's been yet this winter (not really cold - about 25 degrees F), I started the car and the Blower Motor didn't work. Kept the blower fan control on, and it kicked in after about 2 minutes. Need another FSR, or some other issue? Don't know. Not going to look into it unless the issues gets worse.

·
Registered
102 Posts

However, the other day, when it was the coldest it's been yet this winter (not really cold - about 25 degrees F), I started the car and the Blower Motor didn't work. Kept the blower fan control on, and it kicked in after about 2 minutes.
Not sure if this applies to Range Rovers (well, hasn't happened on my 2010 yet) but on my Jaguar, when heating was required and the OAT and coolant temperature are low, the system will not let the blower start until the coolant warms up a little to avoid those initial icy blasts entering the cabin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2007 RR SC experienced the blower motor stopping completely one morning. I changed the FSR as suggested and still not working. I read somewhere that a guy touched his FSR (cooling pins) to ground to get it blowing so I thought I would give a try before having to yank the dash out. It worked! The blower immediately started working and has been working fine for two weeks on now. Perhaps the short resolved some bad connectors. Good Luck, Patrick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
pegarcia65
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing