RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m having A hard time diagnosing the problem with my driver side(LHD) Blower motor, I replaced the relay because it was burned, checked fuses they were good, cleaned out pollen filter’s, and I removed the blower motor and cleaned the brushes And electric panel on the motor, and I also plugged the blower motor in on the passenger side and it is fully operational. After I reinstalled the motor I ran a voltage check and I’m getting 12 V power but I’m not getting signal power, any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m having A hard time diagnosing the problem with my driver side(LHD) Blower motor, I replaced the relay because it was burned, checked fuses they were good, cleaned out pollen filter’s, and I removed the blower motor and cleaned the brushes And electric panel on the motor, and I also plugged the blower motor in on the passenger side and it is fully operational.
On many vehicles, the blower motor resistor, which comes as a module that connects to an electrical wire and is mounted near the blower motor, is accessible by removing the glove box or checking under the dashboard. On others it’s behind the dashboard, and part of the dashboard may have to be disassembled to reach it.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
On many lesser vehicles yes, only a P38 doesn't have anything as crude as a blower motor resistor. Power is supplied to the blower via an electronic speed controller mounted on the back of the motor housing. A PWM signal is supplied to the controller from the HEVAC which regulates the blower speed. Check the connections on the HEVAC and give them a squirt of contact cleaner as a starting point.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
If he's got 12V on the main power feed to the blower, then that suggests the fusebox is OK (or OK ish if its had a burnt relay in it), although if it has a high resitance connection it's possible it will read 12V with no load and drop to not a lot once it tries to draw current. Considering the blowers draw the best part of 10A, it won't need much resistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies, I ended up disassembling the fuse box and it was severely burned all the way through both green boards, I attempted to solder repair but my efforts were futile. I replaced the fuse box along with a few more questionable relays (for peace of mind) and all is well, every thing is fully operational and I’ve got hurricane force winds coming out of the vents for the first time in 5 years of owning the rover! Next I’m going to repair the digitizer on the HVAC control unit. Thanks again for the replies much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts