RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
it could, with the thermostat closed, all the flow is through the heater-core and past the t-stat. if there is no flow in the core, hot water will never reach the tstat to make it open. Bypass the heater core and see if that cures it. I imagine you don't need much heat in Lebanon...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shupack said:
it could, with the thermostat closed, all the flow is through the heater-core and past the t-stat. if there is no flow in the core, hot water will never reach the tstat to make it open. Bypass the heater core and see if that cures it. I imagine you don't need much heat in Lebanon...
Thank you.i will do that 4 sure.allow me 2 query,the bottom rad hose is getting hot and all the areas of the rad r hot,and temp seems 2 b at middle alws not going down on descent when i let go the accelerator,so the thermostat is opening?or just the heat is condected?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
jorjiok said:
shupack said:
Thank you.i will do that 4 sure.allow me 2 query,the bottom rad hose is getting hot and all the areas of the rad r hot,and temp seems 2 b at middle alws not going down on descent when i let go the accelerator,so the thermostat is opening?or just the heat is condected?
in that case, probably not

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shupack said:
jorjiok said:
shupack said:
in that case, probably not
Sorry i didn't understand,probably not what?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
sorry, the heater is probably not connected to your overheating issues, it sounds like the thermostat is functioning normally.

BUT the heater-core being clogged could mean the radiator is clogged as well. The needle shouldn't go down much when coasting, as the thermostat will close slightly, the needle should stay constant at all loads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts