Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have experience with both tires for the RR SC? ive only used the pirellis in the past and am considering the blizzak dm-v2s

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
I have the Pirellis on my 05', and the Blizzaks on my Disco. Both are great tires, the Blizzaks have some nice, almost mud terrain, tread, and they both do great in the snow. I'd venture to say the Blizzaks are better winter tyres though.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
It was about the same price for me, as the Disco's wheels are 18" and the L322s 19..

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Have blizzak and the car is literally unstoppable in the snow... I also had the pirellis and whatever the dealers stock snow tire option was. The blizzaks were cheaper and IMO substantially better.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm running Blizzaks on my L322. It's what came on it when I bought it about 10k miles ago. They seem pretty good in the dirt, I haven't tested them in the snow, but they are technically a snow tire so it should be better than anything I've ever had before.

As far as the tread goes, they appear to be the ONLY agressive tread-option for 19" rims without going with expensive Duratracs or custom ordering Cooper Zeons. I'm not sure if I'll go with any of those 3 tires on my next set (Blizzaks, Duratracs, Coopers) or throw the whole stupid 19" setup away and get 18"s with a proper off-road tire.

Only time will tell. Rims aren't cheap, but neither are the 19" tires..

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Not saying you should- I've had the Blizzaks on for the entire summer and drove 3-4k miles and they're completely fine, didn't wear at all that's noticeably. Not too worried about them since 2/4 are starting to dry rot.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
might be worth trying the michelin premiers through a northeast winter. for areas that get plowed quickly im thinking the premiers will hold up just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts