Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2000 p38 4.6. It has 186k miles. I have owed this treasure for the past five years, putting on 100,000+ miles over that 5 year span. For the first 4 years of ownership I had virtually no major problems. However this past year I replaced the most of the front end parts including both drag link and tie rod bar/w tie rod ends..upper and lower ball joints on both sides, front shocks, steering damper. Also New starter, water pump, alternator, engine compartment fuse box..all in the past 12 months.

Recently I started to notice a slight juddering at around 50 mph while driving up a moderate to moderately steep gradual incline for 11 miles to my house,(I live in a southern cal mountain community approx 5,500 altitude). This happened a couple years ago and it turned out to be a bad #5 spark plug wire...I replaced all wires and it solved the juddering problem at that time.

Now it is happening again...I checked all wires and they seem ok.. Then today while driving around town my CEL came on and started blinking if the engine was under any type of load whatsoever. Living in a mountainous community, im either going uphill or downhill,..However the light only begins to flash when I go just slightly uphill... and continues until I either level out or go downhill.. Also the idle is slightly rough. I have red several posts on this website and others and they all seem to suggest replacing plugs, wires, coil packs...anyway thats where Im at.. Thought I would get some imput from the fine folks on this website as they have never steered me wrong in the past ...thanks in advance..dj

· JACK'S GRANDAD
9,310 Posts
Seeing as non of us have a crystal ball, why don't you get the codes read?
That is the ONLY way to get a hint at what the problem is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.