RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been trying to figure out how much is involved on adding the BSM function to my 2014 RRS HSE. I found an older post about someone doing this and apparently was able to do so. I know that I will have to add the sensors in the rear bumper, but my main question is with the side mirrors... Do I have to purchase all new housing or do mine already have the wiring in them and I just need the new glass piece with the BSM lights in them? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
471 Posts
I picked up this tip at a HPDE many years ago, and it’s free...

Adjust your mirrors further out. It may feel uncomfortable at first, but this can pretty much eliminate your blind spots. Most people have the side of their vehicle in the side view mirror, as well as a ton of overlap with the center mirror. This is incorrect.

Try it before the criticisms hail.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
Yes, I usually have the mirrors adjusted so the body of the vehicle is just outside of view. Also I always quickly turn my head to check blind spots as well.

I didn't get the package in 2016 to have the blind spot monitors and do fine without them. They are in my wife's car, and while I look at them I still don't take it as gospel that clear is clear.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
471 Posts
Just out of view isn’t what I mean. Adjust until you minimize the overlap between mirrors. It’s wider than you would think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been trying to figure out how much is involved on adding the BSM function to my 2014 RRS HSE. I found an older post about someone doing this and apparently was able to do so. I know that I will have to add the sensors in the rear bumper, but my main question is with the side mirrors... Do I have to purchase all new housing or do mine already have the wiring in them and I just need the new glass piece with the BSM lights in them? Any help would be appreciated.
Hi, I've just purchased a 2015 RRS HSE (no BSM), was wondering if you ever worked our if you could install the OEM RRS BSM? I've taken out the passanger mirror glass and had a look, doesn't seem to be any extra wiring to attach to a BSM fitted mirror glass. Was planning to remove one of the tail lights this weekend to see if the wiring and bracket was there for the sensors. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. To anyone else, please don't suggest angling the mirrors out, not helpful. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts