RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Would there be a way to put on OEM blindspot mirror assemblies and power them to have them work? I wasn't sure if the sensors were in the actual mirror assembly, but from my research they are. I then went and drove a similar 2011, and went through the settings to see if there was anything to turn them on and off and I didn't see them. My hopes are, I can buy the assemblies and just plug them in, and if that's not possible, use my gap tool to program it. Any insights? thanks!

Kaelan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
118 Posts
You'll need to price out the two modules (one each side on the rear quarter panels) behind the left and right side rear bumper cover which "sense" proximate traffic. Chances are that those modules aren't installed.

If you lay on your back and look up towards the inside of the rear bumper cover along both rear side quarter panels just below where the taillights are, using a flashlight, you'll either see an unused mounting brackets with a clipped in but unused wiring plug connector or you'll see a smallish black box (in which case go buy a lotto ticket).

If no black box is installed you may still be slightly lucky and have the (presently unused) module harness plugs clipped into position awaiting module installation.

If not, installing the wiring for these two modules alone will make this modification pretty expensive.

Good luck,

Rob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Would anyone be able to post a picture of the mounting location mentioned above? I’ve just purchased an extremely low mileage (just now hit 50k) 2010 HSE that I’ve added mirrors with BSM capability to in order to get the auto dim feature. If I’m wired for the bsm, would love to just add the modules but can’t see where they would go. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, I got lucky and bought the modules for Left and Right for $85 all together. Found the best way to get to the wiring is to remove both taillights and you can see the bracket and wire, which the blind spot wire leads out with the wire to the taillight. So, before I go plugging it all in and getting the mirrors ready, I need to enable the computer. I have my Gap IID tool and have been looking through everything. Does anyone know what the correct term is called when going through the bountiful list of code rewrites on the IID Tool? Or has anyone accomplished this retrofit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, I got lucky and bought the modules for Left and Right for $85 all together. Found the best way to get to the wiring is to remove both taillights and you can see the bracket and wire, which the blind spot wire leads out with the wire to the taillight. So, before I go plugging it all in and getting the mirrors ready, I need to enable the computer. I have my Gap IID tool and have been looking through everything. Does anyone know what the correct term is called when going through the bountiful list of code rewrites on the IID Tool? Or has anyone accomplished this retrofit?
Did you ever figure out the correct term to turn it on?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Happy to report that as long you are able to get the correct components then the iidtool will unlock blind spot monitoring. You do have to request the full list of the ccf from gap. Scrolling through the list of untested ccf, there are two items called side object detection. I turned both on and it works with no issue. Installing the modules without removing the bumper was a pain but you can do it after removing the rear lights as stated above. The passenger side one does mount backwards as opposed to the left side with the little round circle on the module at the top and towards the back of the car. Left side the circle is on top but facing the front.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking into doing this upgrade to my 2014 RRS. Does anyone know if I would have to get all new mirrors or just the glass part with the lights made into them? I’ve tried researching it but I don’t know if my current mirrors already have the correct wires in them or not.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am looking into doing this upgrade to my 2014 RRS. Does anyone know if I would have to get all new mirrors or just the glass part with the lights made into them? I’ve tried researching it but I don’t know if my current mirrors already have the correct wires in them or not.
I had to replace the whole assembly. The wiring harnesses were different. I think another member tried to just buy the glass and was unable to get the system to work.

2010 Range Rover HSE
Bournville Brown Metallic

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed blind spot mirrors. Blind spot. modules where installed.
Problem I'm having is to program blind spot fitted to my vehicle. Every time I download blind spot fitted it will reject it. I was able to download blind spot alert for the Instrument panel. Here where it get strange, Cycle the ignition twice and it picks up the left mirror and it operates as it should except for the warning led on the mirror that goes off at 15 mph.
On first cycle of ignition the IP will show Blind spot warning.
I need to program right side.. I know it works because when first run download the right mirror will flash -second. ( that shows everything is attached)?
After complete down load it will reject the files.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just installed blind spot mirrors. Blind spot. modules where installed.
Problem I'm having is to program blind spot fitted to my vehicle. Every time I download blind spot fitted it will reject it. I was able to download blind spot alert for the Instrument panel. Here where it get strange, Cycle the ignition twice and it picks up the left mirror and it operates as it should except for the warning led on the mirror that goes off at 15 mph.
On first cycle of ignition the IP will show Blind spot warning.
I need to program right side.. I know it works because when first run download the right mirror will flash -second. ( that shows everything is attached)?
After complete down load it will reject the files.
What device are you using to configure the settings?

2010 Range Rover HSE
Bournville Brown Metallic

·
Registered
25 Posts
Two questions. I already got a set of modules (SODL & SODR).

1. how do you remove the taillights on a 2010-2012 L322???? I took a quick look behind access panel, and it didn’t seem obvious.

2.how many different variants of mirror glass are there for 2010-2012? If I get a mirror with blind spot indicator and surround cameras, is it guaranteed to be heated and have auto dim?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts