RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 98 Rangie 4ltr auto. I knew the heater hoses were disconnected due to O Rings and the previous owner gave new O Rings. Question I have is ' I can't direct aircon to any of the preset buttons i.e face,floor etc - it just goes to windscreen. Is this because the heater is disconnected as obviously climate control doesn't work? Also the heater has not had water flow through it for about 6mths, will this cause any issues when I reconnect the pipes up?
I have followed the instructions on the forums and have removed the old O Rings. Whilst dash in pieces I also checked visually the 3 blend motors and all seem good with no missing teeth on gears. I noticed on the LHS passenger side (RHS Drive vehicle) I could move the flap after blend motor removed, but not on the RHS? Fuses are okay too. Going to use the screw to separate flapper access to lubricate as per forum on blend motors
Basically when I install new rings and put it all back together, will everything sort itself out, or is there still going to be an issue?
I also disconnected battery and the vehicle locked itself ( left drivers door open and window down! ). When I reconnect battery will everything be normal or will I have to sync anything ( none standard radio fitted so no code required! )
Thanks for reading this post, as it is my first. Looking forward to the replies.
Cheers
Brett

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Replace your blend motors while you have everything apart. One of them is bad if it only will blow on the windshield (most likely).

At the very least, test it out before you put everything back together.

·
Registered
517 Posts
You will have to re-sync your windows and sun roof - details in the owner's handbook.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
If you have the dash out in pieces it would be the right time to lube up the shafts thats connected to flaps.

If you remove motors and turn the top one you'll see how hard it is, its a problem area that damages the blender unit

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
viperover said:
If you have the dash out in pieces it would be the right time to lube up the shafts thats connected to flaps.

If you remove motors and turn the top one you'll see how hard it is, its a problem area that damages the blender unit

I haven't totally dismantled the dash yet! What is the best way to lube the shafts? Does the dash have to be dismantled to do this?

Cheers
Brett

1 - 5 of 5 Posts