RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the beloved 'chequebook' symbol a few days ago... 'left hand blend motor open circuit'. Hoped it might go away but it didn't. So delved into the interior this morning. Reseated the plug into the HEVAC module... no change. Then put a PP3 9 Volt battery across the motor inputs... whirrrr...swapped the polarity... whirrrr. Put back the plugs... no fault. I opened up the 2 blend motors that I had previously swapped out over the years. Very clean,,, motor working fine with 9V battery, no missing teeth on cogs.

I wonder how many times I took the dashboard apart needlessly to swap a perfectly servicable blend motor when a dodgy connection was the real cause????

Steve
'95 4.6 HSE

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
there're some connectors coming out of the top of the HEVAC unit. It's a long time ago since I opened that up, but I think the servo connector is the one on the left towards the rear of the unit (front of car) - it has 4 sets of bundled wires, each going to a servo. I can't remember which pins map to each servo, but the details should be in RAVE - then you can jumper up the pins to the PP3 to see if the servo motors work or whether a flap might be jammed...
Steve

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just saw your other thread and have sent the pinout details by email - you should be able to test the servos individually and eliminate (or identify) a bad (rebuilt) servo as the cause - good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts