RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a code be thrown in the P38 before the blend motor fails? I have had a few probelems with my 2000 RR since i bought it. The most recent is the blend motor on the driver side failed. There has been clicking under the dash since i bought it 2 months ago. 2 weeks ago it started blowing just hot air & for some reason you cant turn the Heat/AC off at all. So now its 90 degrees in upstate NY & I have hot air blowing into the cabin. I dropped the truck off on Monday with an appointment to get fixed. Truck is still under warranty form when i purchased it. Here it is thursday & these shitheads havent even looked at it yet. The truck ghas been in there 2 different times for other bullshit. back to my original question. If theye have plugged it in on any of the times before, would it have thrown a code saying that somthing was wrong with the blend motors?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

Fault code will be logged in the hevac ecu and can be read with LR testbook, autologic, rovacom and maybe hawkeye diagnositics.

I have left some info on how to move the blend motor in case of malfunction of the feedback potentio meter inside.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37892

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
701 Posts
They can get codes from it with special diagnostic computers, like Jos stated. However, have you tried fluctuating the system? Mine does weird things like this and I've found going from HI to LO (or vice versa) fixes it. If you have set the temp to LO does it still blow hot air? Also, if your blend motors are failing, help them out by turning the fan way down so they can move easier. This is how I've avoided having to replace my blend motors for over a year now `) . Also, do you see a book symbol in the HVAC display? It will indicate if anything is wrong.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lrscott said:
They can get codes from it with special diagnostic computers, like Jos stated. However, have you tried fluctuating the system? Mine does weird things like this and I've found going from HI to LO (or vice versa) fixes it. If you have set the temp to LO does it still blow hot air? Also, if your blend motors are failing, help them out by turning the fan way down so they can move easier. This is how I've avoided having to replace my blend motors for over a year now `) . Also, do you see a book symbol in the HVAC display? It will indicate if anything is wrong.

The Book symbol has been on the screen for over a month. I tried everything before briniing it back to the shop. I just picked the truck up from the repair shop. They are ordering new blend motors for it at there expense. Instead of just replacing the driver side blend motor, they are going to replace the one on the passanger side as well. They said that since they are going to have the dash board off they are going to replace the other ones as well. They didnt want to fix the one & then have to go back in & replace the other since its all under warranty. The shop i go to is pretty good. they dont keep to there schedule very good but they do warranty the vehicles they sell. My original rant was because the truck had been in there 2 prior times & plugged in to the computer both times. They should have known there was a problem with the blend motor, since there was clicking in the dash board from the time i purchased the vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts