RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Could anybody shed any light on my blank monitor screen problem please. (MK III 2002 TD6)

I had to remove fuse 64 (50 amp) to find a battery drain problem which resulted in replacing The blower resistor part no JGO 000021. This problem is now sorted and the new part fitted. Since removing and replacing the fuse ( It did not blow) and before fitting the new part, the monitor screen has gone blank.

The CD, radio etc is still working, but going silent after 90 seconds. It will come straight back on if switched off then on again.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
47 Posts
Add me to the list. Started the truck this morning and the monitor screen is black on my 2004 HSE, no picture. Sound works, radio works, CD changer works, but I have to navigate between presets by memory because the screen is out. Anyone have any thoughts? Seems unlikely the NAV unit is shot because wouldn't all the audio functionality fail at the same time? I hate to think what this one will cost me. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,475 Posts
Easy fix.

Pull the nav unit out of the rear kick panel, remove the plugs, clean connections, reinstall...

Your display will come back
 

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
47 Posts
Hmm, pulling and re-installing the NAV box didn't seem to do anything. I noticed before removing it that the little power indicator never was on. After un-plugging and re-plugging still no power indication on the NAV box. Started the car, checked it again, still no power indication.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
robcman said:
Hmm, pulling and re-installing the NAV box didn't seem to do anything. I noticed before removing it that the little power indicator never was on. After un-plugging and re-plugging still no power indication on the NAV box. Started the car, checked it again, still no power indication.
FUSE!!!
 

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
47 Posts
Gazellio said:
robcman said:
Hmm, pulling and re-installing the NAV box didn't seem to do anything. I noticed before removing it that the little power indicator never was on. After un-plugging and re-plugging still no power indication on the NAV box. Started the car, checked it again, still no power indication.
FUSE!!!
That's what I thought too, but I tried swapping for a spare Fuse, still no change. I'm starting to suspect the NAV unit might be fried, but man, I hope not. :(
 

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
47 Posts
LOL, I was driving home from the gym just a few minutes ago and the screen turned on. I ran to the trunk, sure enough, power is on for the NAV unit.

While I'm glad it's working again methinks something is going on...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,475 Posts
robcman said:
LOL, I was driving home from the gym just a few minutes ago and the screen turned on. I ran to the trunk, sure enough, power is on for the NAV unit.

While I'm glad it's working again methinks something is going on...
Ah that's too bad removing and cleaning the plugs didn't work, at least it's back... In my experience with range rovers electronics usually aren't broken, their plugs are usually just fouled up, perhaps a short somewhere?
 

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
47 Posts
As always, this forum proves an invaluable source of information. Regrettably it seems my Mk3 Nav unit is dead again, no power, no nothing. The screen on my dash still appears backlit (although dark/black) so I am 99% sure it is the Mk3 that is the issue.

After looking on Ebay and classifieds it seems the Mk4 upgrade box is very, very expensive for what it offers in terms of functionality in the world of 2010. If it were cheaper I would do it simply for the convenience of the plug-and-play installation but at $500+ each used or $800+ new it seems fruitless.

A while back there was a great thread with someone on this board who did an aftermarket unit that I thought looked great but I can't find that thread. Any ideas?

From what I read online it seems I can go touchscreen, bluetooth, and satellite radio in one unit for about the same as the Mk4 upgrade route. That would bring my 2004 HSE into the new decade and (hopefully) allow me to squeeze 2-3 more years of functional and enjoyable driving out of it.

Thoughts or advice?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
h
I also have similar fault no screen but everything works If I pull out fuse 49 It comes back on then turn Ignition off and It goes blank again at least Its not the screen any Ideas would be appreciated
 

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
24 Posts
Count me in too.
2003 Range Rover. The problem is very intermittent. Right now just a blank screen. I cleaned the 2 brown and green connectors; no change.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top