RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

new to the forum. just got done customizing my rover. let me know what you think. I'm exited to be a member.

specs:

2007 HSE

blacked out emblems, side vents, front vent, badges, door handles, tinted front windows, 24" gianna blitz black wheels (w/ out chrome inserts) and Pirelli scorpion zero tires.

just purchased a Magnaflow duel exhaust that i will hopefully have installed in a week. Not much left to do unless anyone has any suggestions?

thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Some guys smoke the tail lights, and take apart the headlights and paint the inside silver parts black. Check the posts by SSSICK... he might have done this to his, or at least knows about doing it. That'd be a lot of black. Some tint the windshield as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
RattleItHome said:
Some guys smoke the tail lights, and take apart the headlights and paint the inside silver parts black. Check the posts by SSSICK... he might have done this to his, or at least knows about doing it. That'd be a lot of black. Some tint the windshield as well.
I second the lights being smoked. You should tint the windshield!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take a picture of the front grille tonight. in regards to the SC side vents they were painted when i bought the vehicle but they do look like they color matched it correctly.

painting the front and back light housings we definately a consideration. how much front window tint can i get away with...legally? I know any front tint is illegal and it probably depends on which state (im in Oregon) and how tolerence the law is.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I believe the law is the same as Washington on window tint. You need to install 35% to be legal, but that isn't very dark at all. I went with 18% and it matches very close to the rear windows.. As far as the windshield goes I think it is illegal in all 50 states to tint it. I went with only 45% tint on my windshield and it doesn't look tinted except for it adds a glare from the outside making it hard to see in the car. I love it... Usually the machine that measures tint has to clamp on to the window also, and there is no way to do that to the windshield.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AAD said:
What size tire are you running? Does it rub at all?
235/35/24 tires. I did have to have the inside fender wells shaved in order to decrease rubbing. so far so good

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AAD said:
I believe the law is the same as Washington on window tint. You need to install 35% to be legal, but that isn't very dark at all. I went with 18% and it matches very close to the rear windows.. As far as the windshield goes I think it is illegal in all 50 states to tint it. I went with only 45% tint on my windshield and it doesn't look tinted except for it adds a glare from the outside making it hard to see in the car. I love it... Usually the machine that measures tint has to clamp on to the window also, and there is no way to do that to the windshield.
thanks for the info ADD

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Love it, except for the brakes- if you have wheels that big you need to do something with the brakes. The car is stunning, but is seriously let down by the rusty disc hubs and calipers. There are some great posts on brake upgrades, would be great to see some massive gloss black calipers in there :)

RRS but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Dan_UK_1984 said:
Love it, except for the brakes- if you have wheels that big you need to do something with the brakes. The car is stunning, but is seriously let down by the rusty disc hubs and calipers. There are some great posts on brake upgrades, would be great to see some massive gloss black calipers in there :)

I took all my wheels off rubbed down and painted all the rusty grey hubs with Heat resistant rust preventing undercoat then Black Gloss Brake Calliper Paint (Halfords).

After 500 miles they still look great and go brilliant with the gloss Black Alloys. Callipers now need sorting!

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Gazellio said:
Dan_UK_1984 said:

I took all my wheels off rubbed down and painted all the rusty grey hubs with Heat resistant rust preventing undercoat then Black Gloss Brake Calliper Paint (Halfords).

After 500 miles they still look great and go brilliant with the gloss Black Alloys. Callipers now need sorting!

You need to get some "Back to Black" on your LPG filler. I use MER Gellas it smells nice! Loving those wheels too, but must be a mare to keep clean? Do you wax them?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Dan_UK_1984 said:
Gazellio said:
[quote="Dan_UK_1984":22uwgqbh]Love it, except for the brakes- if you have wheels that big you need to do something with the brakes. The car is stunning, but is seriously let down by the rusty disc hubs and calipers. There are some great posts on brake upgrades, would be great to see some massive gloss black calipers in there :)

You need to get some "Back to Black" on your LPG filler. I use MER Gellas it smells nice! Loving those wheels too, but must be a mare to keep clean? Do you wax them?[/quote:22uwgqbh]

Actually the Wheels (after market 20" 9.5J Black Gloss/Polished Stormers) are really easy to keep clean as the brake dust simply does not adhere to the black gloss finish. I simply jet hose and wipe off and they look like new!

I am shopping for "Back to Black" thanx.

·
Registered
106 Posts
dzell said:
AAD said:
What size tire are you running? Does it rub at all?
235/35/24 tires. I did have to have the inside fender wells shaved in order to decrease rubbing. so far so good
I have neverheard of that size. That is really narrow. Thanks though

·
Registered
106 Posts
dzell said:
Must be a pretty harsh ride ...
285/35/24...Sorry typo[/quote]

That makes more since.. :lol: Isn't your speedo way off? Have you had any transmission problems? I really want 24's but I thought I would have to get a 25 series tire. The tire size you have on their is 1.8" overall diameter larger than the stock wheels. Just curious, because I really want to do it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i havent had any issues with the transmission and the ride is fine. not sure about the speeedo but i had a escalade with 24" wheels and was able to determine only a 2 mph difference from stock 18"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts