RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the black window trim and vertical trim pieces, specifically in the corners of the rig, are not as black and shiny as new.

What does the collective say to renew them? Buff and wax like a metal painted panel? Armorall? Naughty words?

Thanks/

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
There are existing write ups on painting them painting the frames. Most like the foam D pillars have been smeared with oily products so painting them is going to be a nightmare.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
On the paint? or just the foam trim D pillars? If you could get them clean and oil free they are an excellent candidate for vinyl paint

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Oh heck, wrong model.

Well, metal is metal so painting the frames is still a matter of prep and spray. I've used back to black on my L322s. It's good for awhile.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Try the Meguirs black trim revival stuff first to see if it helps, the C4 stuff is just a long lasting version of that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
13 Posts
So the black window trim and vertical trim pieces, specifically in the corners of the rig, are not as black and shiny as new.

What does the collective say to renew them? Buff and wax like a metal painted panel? Armorall? Naughty words?

Thanks/
As a former Elite Pro detailer, I actually joined the forum just tonhwlp you out. I actually own a MkIII 322 HSE as well (in addition to a Ford Raptor)- Love my overlanding!

Back to the topic.../

Check this article out- https://procarreviews.com/best-plastic-restorer. I have exetensive experience with the G4 product but looks like there’s some other contenders. All are excellent.

My experience has been that many of the “white liquid” trim restorers wash away and leave stains after the rain on your paint. Clear, thick ones (like Black WOW) work really well and can survive many weeks in the sun and several rains without streaks from washing away. All that said, the ones listed in the article are the way to go. They apply easily and create a non-greasy, OEM finish that lasts and lasts without damaging the plastic or metals around it.

So take a look and see what you think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts