RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm in the market for an L320 but I'm torn on the interior color choices between Ivory (with black carpeting) or Almond (with tan carpeting). The exterior color will be Fuji White, and I think I'm leaning toward almond leather since it's a little less "bold" and easier to maintain than ivory, but I dislike the matching tan carpeting that comes with the almond leather and would much prefer black carpeting! As a compromise I was wondering what the almond leather/tan carpeting setup would look like but with OEM black/ebony mats? Has anybody tried this and have pictures or offer feedback? Curious if they would look too out of place. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts
In the interim, you could just do a search for almond interior with (black) all weather rubber floor mats to get an idea of what it will look like.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
192 Posts
In the interim, you could just do a search for almond interior with (black) all weather rubber floor mats to get an idea of what it will look like.
I have brown seats (forget what LR calls them), almond carpeting, and my truck came with the black all-weather mats, which I use all winter and when wheeling. I think they look fine. I can snap a pic if it'd help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good idea on the all-weather mats search, I've seen some pictures of that configuration in my travels so I'll look more closely to get an idea. Also just found these pictures below which I think is exactly what I'm looking for! If anybody has larger pictures I'd still appreciate seeing them though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
easier to maintain than ivory
FWIW I have found Ivory to be as resistant to discoloration as any other leather I've had, excepting black. Yes, dark jeans transfer a bit on the driver lower cushion from getting in and out. But it comes right off with a damp terry cloth. I was nervous, but am very pleased. The RR Ivory is much more resistant than BMW Grey.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Hi all, I'm in the market for an L320 but I'm torn on the interior color choices between Ivory (with black carpeting) or Almond (with tan carpeting). The exterior color will be Fuji White, and I think I'm leaning toward almond leather since it's a little less "bold" and easier to maintain than ivory, but I dislike the matching tan carpeting that comes with the almond leather and would much prefer black carpeting! As a compromise I was wondering what the almond leather/tan carpeting setup would look like but with OEM black/ebony mats? Has anybody tried this and have pictures or offer feedback? Curious if they would look too out of place. Thanks!
Congrats on the future purchase! You'll love the RRS.

The ivory with black is an amazing combination, it's beautiful to be frank.

I had all tan with the LR4 and had the black LR weather mats and it looked just fine. Not odd at all. I'd assume the same for the RRS since they have pretty much the same contrast design with tan.

My RRS has black interior and carpets, although black carpets show every spec of dirt imaginable, lint and all, they are very easy if they get stained.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ivory with black is an amazing combination, it's beautiful to be frank.
I still need to take a look at the Ivory leather in person to finalize my choice between that or Almond; it's difficult to judge the true color of ivory in pictures. I know it's not stark white and has a hint of yellow/cream color to it, but I'm concerned about it being a bit too white against a white exterior (read: overly feminine for a guy? :D). I agree it does look great from what I can see in pics, very modern looking.

It does seem like the Fuji White/Ivory combo is much less common than Almond which will make it a bit more difficult to wait for one to come up as CPO at the local dealer...

·
Registered
44 Posts
My father in law has Fuji over Ivory on an '11 SC. Both colors are cool on their own. But not enough contrast when put to together IMO. But he likes it so who am I to say.

He is not the easiest guy on cars and his Ivory looks great (I shudder thinking about the condition his Audi S8 interior was on occasion). The Audi was absolutely bullet proof for 120K miles BTW. Great V10 exhaust note.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great, thank you! I think it's certainly a workable color combo. Once I start visiting the dealer over the next couple of months I'll get a better feel for how white Ivory is in person, but I think I'm leaning toward almond with some black mats at this point. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
These are 2014/2015 models

I didn't think that Fuji and Ivory were a perfect match ... Fuji is more cool/blue and Ivory is more warm/yellow.

LR RR Ivory-Ebony 5.jpg

Here is Fuji with Almond (and Espresso) and black mats

LR RR Espresso-Almond-Ivory 4.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts