RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Rick-the-Pick said:
With regards to the snap on piece of kit, it's in a different league altogether & be thankfull you never purchased it.
Do you have personal experience with this piece of equipment? I have the snapon unit just not the module for the RR/BMW. For other cars its a very nice piece of diagnostic equipment that is not Vin locked.

Rick-the-Pick said:
I noticed from post you didn't like the invoice & the way it stated what you already agreed. So what went wrong at this stage with this agreement?
I feel like i've just wasted ten minutes of my life reading about a normal everyday transaction, between two different country's, between two people.
It seem's the complaint isn't even about the item, or in fact, range rovers in general.
Something like this should be kept between the parties involved, unless it's a doctors report that another person wants to publish on the forums.
Lol almost spit out my coffee. I didn't post the long email thread, but I'll stop there. ;) We could delete all of those posts and just leave the number of days till activation that was really my original intention. I got my activation codes and I am happy to have my paper weight turned into a faultmate.

To anyone in the US that buys one of these your looking at a minumum of 2 full days after you recieve you faultmate to get it working depending on when it arrives in your mail.

I have only had the unit working for 2 days now and spennt maybe 40min playing with it all together.
My only complaints and maybe its from a lack of user experience is I get tired of having to choose which modules I have in my car. It would be nice if you could scan your modules and then have only those modules show up. Sometimes I have to go read my scan just to figure out which modules I have, and even then that is not always accurate. For instance the body control module mine is V4 but scan shows up as neither V4 or V10.

Another very odd thing, I wanted to know battery voltage the only place I could find it was in suspension. :think: I would have expected this to be were the other engine "inputs" were located.

I also was not able to put to sleep one module I can't remember which at the moment, no matter how many times I tried I got a message stating the car stop communicating with faultmate. Even though everything else still worked just fine.

IMO these are minor issues and so far I have had a decent experience with the unit.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I also can not access any heater or AC controls. A scan by faultmate doesn't reveal a heater AC module.
Do Rovers have a module for heater AC controls?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Rich998a said:
Yes, but Testbook refers to it as 'Climate Control HEVAC'. Maybe HEVAC is used?
I've tried scanning both with the key on and the key off. Key off gives an error=85 whatever that means. I only pick up modules with the key "on"
If it has HEVAC module I am not seeing it with faultmate here is what my scan revealed.
MANUFACTURING YEAR PRE 2004.5
SM047 INSTRUMENT PACK :- FITTED
SM046 BOSCH ME7.2 :- FITTED
SM051 BOSCH AUTOBOX GS8.60.1 :- FITTED
SM042 GM3BCU :- FITTED
SM044 EWS3D IMMOBILISER :- FITTED
SM045 DSC57 :- FITTED
SM048 WABCO EAS :- FITTED
SM049 MRS4 AIRBAG :- FITTED
SM050 SIEMENS TRANSFER BOX :- FITTED
SM052 STEERING ANGLE :- FITTED
SM053 STEERING LOCK :- FITTED
SM054 STEERING WHEEL :- FITTED
SM055 XENONS LEFT :- FITTED
SM055 XENONS RIGHT :- FITTED
SM056 PARK DISTANCE CONTROL :- FITTED
SM058 LIGHT CHECK MODULE VERSION 11 :- FITTED
SM060 MEMORY SEATS :- FITTED
SM061 RADIO :- FITTED
SM062 IHK5 :- FITTED
SM065 MULTI FUNCTION DISPLAY :- FITTED
SM067 SATTELITE NAVIGATION 1 :- FITTED

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
A little more digging and I find SM062 IHK5 :- FITTED is supposed to be HEVAC.

But when I select Heat/Vent/AC and then 02-06 Faultmate returns module not installed.
Maybe I got the wrong activation code. Once I get home I'll play with it some more.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

You have to check whether you have the module SM062 loaded into your faultmate. If not you have to connect it to the PC and transfer the module to the faultmate and update the changes. You also have to check what software versions you are running with and see whether you have installed the patches to make all software work as it should. The latest software and patches can be downloaded from the BBS support site.

If the software is loaded and all software up to date it might help to delete the module and reload it into the faultmate memory.

In the menu you can also check your licenses installed. You can however have a license activated without having the software loaded. If the license is the problem you will get a specific warning that the problem is with the license.

Good luck

Jos

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I got the HEVAC module to work. The problem was the select panel. When you select AC/heater in faultmate there are 2 additional fields that pop up
02-06
02-07
My car is an 04 so I selected 02-06, the correct selection was 02-07. To me it seems BBS could have been a little more descriptive here. Between the 2 selection its pretty much a guessing game nothing really tells you they are different other then the extra year on one of them.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts