Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in this forum know if they are still in business?
Looks pretty much like their website is down.

Thought I'd buy an EAS Kicker as this week was the 3rd time I got caught with an EAS Hard Fault in as many months.

Testbook at my mechanics show "FR Valve Permanently Closed" but cannot trace any leaks.
Also none of the corners drop over night. Seems to be a random event more than anything else.

Any ideas, anyone?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am not sure as to whether they are in business or not, and I do not want to take business away from anyone.

However, for 30 dollars you can make a cable, download software for free from Storey Wilson, and fix your car yourself (or at least determine a cause and a direction to go in). Not only that, you can adjust your heights, determine your faults, drain your tank or bags, and run your compressor from the comfort of your own home.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
With Storey's free software you have local customer service aand don't have to deal with international shipping and time differences if something goes wrong. It is certainly worth a shot especially if you are in a crunch for time. http://www.RSWsolutions.com

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,259 Posts
Only issue with using either the free software, or a Faultmate, is having to carry a laptop around everywhere with you.
I got Storey's EAS Buddy (http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=34) for this exact reason.
My logic to buying the EAS Buddy for emergency resets while on the road, over using the Faultmate I already have is...........
Fits in the glovebox, needs no other components to work (no need to buy and then carry a laptop and power inverter in the RR), and anyone can use it by following the simple instructions printed on the cover of the unit (try that with the free software or Faultmate).
Now if me or the missus is going to drive a few hundred miles, we will take a laptop and the Faultmate along. But last time the EAS put her on the bump stops was when she was making a 80mile each way trip, so I got the EAS Buddy for her to carry around everywhere in the glovebox... :thumb:
Less hassle for daily running around to just keep the Buddy in the glovebox, than have to remember everything else every time she wants to run to the grocery store etc...
Just my .02
Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Can you activate the compressor with any other solution than Storey's soft?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,259 Posts
I do not think that any of the buddy box type things will do anything but reset the faults, then store them for later perusal.
Getting the free software or a Faultmate etc is always a good backup for more in depth fault finding and diagnosis, but for everyday driving around with piece of mind, the self contained units take some beating IMHO.
I wouldn't give up my Faultmate, but after the wife got put on the bumpstops @30 miles from home, I ordered Storey's Buddy box that week (I had a sore ear after she was finished that day....)

Martin

·
Registered
922 Posts
I got hold of an early model PDA iPAQ (4110), running PocketPC 4.20.0

Sourced a serial cable from e-Bay and loaded the PDA version of Storey Wilson's software. Fabricated an OBDII connection cable. The 2 cables and PDA live in the glove box. Just have to remember to keep the iPAQ recharged :oops:
With it I can read faults, clear them and recalibrate the EAS as necessary...great stuff :thumb:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
695 Posts
Concerned re potential claim on his business

As Colin hasn't responded I take he is on holiday...............

Just to confirm my support I am about to order a full kit for my P38 BEFORE I get major issues

R :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hoges said:
I got hold of an early model PDA iPAQ (4110), running PocketPC 4.20.0

Sourced a serial cable from e-Bay and loaded the PDA version of Storey Wilson's software. Fabricated an OBDII connection cable. The 2 cables and PDA live in the glove box. Just have to remember to keep the iPAQ recharged :oops:
With it I can read faults, clear them and recalibrate the EAS as necessary...great stuff :thumb:
What do you mean with "and loaded the PDA version of Storey Wilson's software"??? where can i find that version and wich PDA do you use? would be great not to have to carry a laptop everywhere..

Thanks.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,669 Posts
bonnychoo said:
Does anyone in this forum know if they are still in business?
Looks pretty much like their website is down.

Any ideas, anyone?
Ring them.

Their website is working as far as I can see.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,669 Posts
nzberg said:
Yes ,the public side is fine but the member side is not working for me at least.Its been about a week now.
I haven't been onto the BBS forum for over a year. I suppose I should have a look there again but I'm not sure of my logon name or password.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,259 Posts
Back online now....

Martin

·
Registered
520 Posts
My apologies to all for the scare of our web sites total dissapearence for a few days and the support section for a few days more.
Also for not noticing this thread earlier. I did have my hands a bit fuller than usual, dealing with the problem, amongst other things and was certainly not on holiday :lol:

Given the inconvenience some of our system owners may have suffered, i should at least explain exactly what happened, it's also quite an interesting story too, especially for anyone who understands this sort of stuff. :geek:

The problem actually started a couple of weeks back, when our web servers hosting company, who boasts a totally failsafe infrastructure, had a power outage and the UPS's did not kick in as they should :evil:

One of our servers came back on line followed by the other a few hours later and all was well. However a few days later, in removing the UPS's for repair / replacement, there was again another power interruption. Our secondary server, which was then also providing our E-mail services, came back on line in an hour, but the one with our web site on, was still off next morning. Having verified it had actually been switched back on, using remote tools, we found the entire contents, including the OS to be corrupt and it was not even booting. As anyone knows, its never a good idea to simply pull the plug on any running PC, and most times you will be ok, but occasionally not, as was the case here.

However the timing of this event was even more unfortunate, as typically the 2 servers are set up as clones of each other with one constantly updating it's content from the other and providing a fall over solution if something goes wrong with the primary one.

However our servers OS and SQL database components had got so out of date, we had just installed the second server with a more up to date OS and SQL database and was in the process of migrating the content of our main server over to it, section at a time, and making the required modifications to the scripting, and databases to make it run as it should on the new OS etc. Which is how come our E-Mail, which was already migrated at the time was working. Had we got the chance to finish this before hand, we would then have simply toggled servers, set the other server up with the New OS and been back in business with a problem on either in no time.
Because we could not simply re install the old OS, we decided it would be better to finish the migration, using a back up set of contents. hence the Delay.

It seems our choice has proven worthy and just in the nick of time too, as we have just been informed that on Monday morning there will be another power outage as they refit the new / repaired UPS's

Anyway, as Martin states

All back on line now :dance:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,259 Posts
Glad to see you up and running again Colin :thumb:
I was looking at the BBS Forum regards turning off the immobilizer on the P38...think I found a solution on there, so will try it next time I am at home :pray:
Hope all is well on your end. :thumb:

Martin

·
Registered
442 Posts
G'day all, I'm now the proud owner of a faultmate SMV-2 exstreme `) `) `)

Quick question for those that have the above Vehicle Server
Currently doing product registration got to Server ID Number,This number is found attached to Vehicle Server. "Quote"

Well i can't see any such No serial etc, there is a No on the LCD Protective cover is that it???????
Quick respose pls
Thanks regards Graeme

1 - 20 of 26 Posts