RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I own a RRS 2006 HSE (with custom body kit), I am experiencing a rather odd electrical problem which occurs occasionally and sometimes more often than other times. When I press the windscreen defrost option on (the button which turns both the front and rear defrost on at the same time) and when I come to switch it off again my CD/Radio player will stop/skip/flicker for like half a second and work fine after again (only the sound the system does not turn off or anything) and I have also notice that the yellow/amber park brake light also flickers on with the radio, on the dashboard. For this issue I have had the battery changed and this has seemed to have made it better as it now only occurs once in a blue moon, but still worrying. My front cigarette lighter isnt working could this be the issue?

My other problem is that I am experiencing a shudder/jolting vibration coming from my engine, this again only happens occasionally, and only when I first start the engine and eventually goes away. The vibration also goes away when I am accelerating. Could it be a valve? Or some kind of belt etc?

Any response will be appreciated ;)

D

·
0 Posts
It sounds like a bad contact issue (fusebox/relay) or possibly even a bad (high resistance) common earthing fault.... [assuming no-one has made any modifications/additions...]

So, just start at the lighter socket fuse/etc and work back ??!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts