RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please pardon my poor part identification, but I'm trying -- without luck -- to find a replacement part for my dash. I have a maddening rattle in the black plastic piece that shade's the instrument panel -- maybe it's called a binnacle shade or something of that nature? In any event, when I took apart my driver's side dash to replace some lights in the instrument binnacle, I discovered that the black plastic shade is cracked at each and every attachment point which presumably is creating the rattle. I've looked online and can't seem to find a source for a replacement for this black plastic piece. Has anyone ever had to replace this and, if so, where did you find one?

Thanks much for any assistance you can provide.

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
The dealer out here charges 93.00 bucks for it..That was last week..

Scotty

·
Registered
217 Posts
look in the bone yards, go to a wrecker that has online search ability with other wreckers and they should be able to help you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just picked up one from a local wrecking yard, for $10. It still even had a working fuel door button in it. SCORE!!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the part. Thanks to all for the feedback. I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet after installing a new one!!

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Pm SCOTTY to find you one...that's what he does. I bet he can get you one for about $30-$40.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts