RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bilstein 7100 short body reservoir shocks & rear upper mount

Switching to a Bilstein 7100 short body remote reservoir to maximize articulation and control the weight of the vehicle better and came across the problem. A short body shock (to get lengths that are appropriate) has a remote reservoir. On the rear upper shock mounts there isn't room for the line going to the reservoir even on a 90 degree elbow. Is there anyone else on here who has modified or change the rear upper mounts that has a suggestion? Or someone else who has installed the 7100 short body RR shocks on their P38?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: Bilstein 7100 short body reservoir shocks & rear upper m

I run these shocks on my Disco and had to jump through some hoops to make them work. Seems like a lot more issues on a P38. Are you running springs or bags? You would need to be Gen III to support the travel these have if you want to run bags. Perhaps you should talk to Jeff at JC's British in Englewood. He has one of the most modified P38 I have ever seen. Or you can show up at Bout Time Pub & Grub tonight from 6 to 9ish and meet him. Not sure which truck he will bring, he has several to choose from.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'm on springs, converted off air last year, i just brought the P38 home today from JC's, Jeff was the one doing the work. I was sick yesterday or I would have been there last night. We're regrouping on the rear end once the new shop is complete, we'll have to drop the exhaust and fuel tank to get in there and rework the upper mount in order to fit the Bilstein reservoirs. Pretty sure we've met, i think we would recognize each others vehicles :)

·
Registered
134 Posts

Good to meet you at the Christmas Caravan for Kids on Saturday. Nice truck and can't wait to see the finished product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts