RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with BB Exhaust? I was considering a Magnaflow cat-back system, but my engine isn't supercharged, and dumping 1K+ for "the look" is wasteful.

I know a BB exhaust won't land me on the track following the install, but it seems to strike a nice balance between purely aesthetic and marginal performance boost.

Thanks for your insight! Cheers!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
I have no clue how they sound on the rover, but having owned a few on different cars such as an M5.. its great product for the price. The sound is incredible...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,986 Posts
I have a 13 sport and stock exhausts sounds great already unless you want something louder.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I have a full cat back from quicksilver. Its loud and likes to drone and burble on the deceleration. I have the moments where I wish I would have left the stock exhaust as it can be abit much at times, but when your in traffic and open it up to pass people and they turn to see what the hell just passed them it makes it worth it.

My recommendation to anyone is if your putting something aftermarket on keep your stock exhaust intact if possible so you can put it back on. I still have mine sitting on a shelf just in case I decide to go back. It also helps if your going to trade it in as dealers don't want to deal with that one rig with the crazy pipes on it not selling to the soccer mom.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
231 Posts
I really miss the sound of a great exhaust system on this rover. However, the sleeper quality of the exhaust note along with the overall power of the sport supercharged is enough to turn heads if need be...
It also might be an age thing as well. I can't picture myself sitting in traffic with my rover humming and burbling like a muscle car of old anymore...guess I prefer the luxury side of the sport a bit more than the raw power side.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts
Borla will provide that nice combination of a very tolerable rumble at idle, not choppy like an RS Camaro with an aggressive cam shaft, some but not much drone and the "head turning" capability when opening up or WOT. I've been running the Borla now for almost 9 years I think, and quite love it...even though I kept my original exhaust up until 2 years ago...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is this the Borla Touring Cat-Back system that you're referring to?
Borla has always sounded good on many cars...didn't know they still
made a system for the RRSsc

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts
Many many years ago, we had a member here on RR.NET who knew the owner of Borla, who had bought a Range Rover Sport for himself, so he built out 7 or 8 Catback systems and offered them to members here as a prototype....other than replacing the Borla Resonated Tips one time, and having to replace the muffler because I crunched it on an offroad expedition, the system has been fantastic...very nice sound and rumble...always sounds great...burbling at warm up or idle and quite throaty on open throttle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a BB exhaust on my 2008 RRS HSE. It is a cat back system, believe it or not, it isn't loud at all. It gives it a nice refined sound. Most people can't tell I have an aftermarket exhaust just by listening to it. I have to say the tale pipes look great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts