RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,500 Posts
Interesting...just a step close to autonomous driving. Not sure if I care to have that in my Rover...

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
After living in CA for a year now, I support everyone having automated driverless vehicles. Everyone.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I find CA pretty civilized! I spent many years living and driving in northern NJ, NYC/NY and Boston/MA. Drivers are less aggressive in CA.

That technology could have saved my sister a broken rib, scrapes all over her legs, and a toe that was operated on last week and has metal pins holding it together ... elderly couple did not see her on her bike and ran into her.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
78 Posts
so isnt the answer that the need for retest to drive private vehicles over taking public transport comes into play. Some and I not saying all old people do need to retest. its a privilege not a right to drive a car.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
My sister lives in Florida, which has a lot of older retired residents. They do retest, but usually you have to do something stupid/wrong to set off the warning flags ... the man driving was ticketed and will most likely have to attend a class or retest. Don't forget that for the majority of the USA taking public transportation is not an option, as it isn't even available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts