RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=0:20klsw0g]range rover 1.jpg[/attachment:20klsw0g]First of all, I don't take my Range offroad. I own a custom automotive shop in Seattle and my Range is used daily as a promo vehicle. I'm not posting this to have all the haters comment on it, I'm posting it to hopefully get some feedback from the people on here that appreciate the custom RR market. `)

I'm picking my truck up from our body shop this week and I did a fairly large makeover too it. Very excited to see the outcome. Here are the lists of mods I did.

Complete Matte black paint job
06-09 Front end conversion
Asanti grill collection painted Matte silver outer with Matte black mesh
Overfinch front lip spoiler
Slider bars painted Matte Silver
24" MHT Forged wheels Matte black center and Matte Silver lip
Matte Silver Range Rover badges
Supercharged taillights painted Matte Black inside the lights around the clear circles
Matte black painted inside the front headlights where gray is now.
Overfinch lowering Module

All in all there will be no chrome on the car. I really wanted the replacement front bumper from Overfinch but I've had a difficult time getting my hands on one, so I ended up going with just the lip spoiler. Here is a rendering of what the truck should look similar too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished product. Only thing I would have done differently would be grills kept stock and no painted lip on the rims, or painted gloss black or matte.

Post the pics soon! Also, I'm interested knowing where you found lowering module.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Superb... How is that iPad working out for you?

I hope there is a good car wash in Seattle! The matte is tough to keep clean but it certainly turns heads...

Well done AAD

·
Registered
300 Posts
nice, anxious to see pix, how many miles are on the clock now? have you had any issues since purchase??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CMoore05 said:
Superb... How is that iPad working out for you?

I hope there is a good car wash in Seattle! The matte is tough to keep clean but it certainly turns heads...

Well done AAD
I'm a little nervous about the matte also, but I'm being assured that the new clear makes it no problem to keep clean...

Padholr is doing amazing. Were on amazon now and if I land the deal I'm working on now you should be seeing my product in retail stores around the country!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ace 95 said:
nice, anxious to see pix, how many miles are on the clock now? have you had any issues since purchase??
Thanks, I saw my truck today and it's getting sprayed tomorrow! I just turned 100k and the only issue I've had is the radiator. I'm going to keep it until someone comes to my shop wanting it more than I do! Thinking of an onyx wide body sport next???

·
Registered
144 Posts
Seeing as how you wanted feedback, I think it looks dreadful and totally unoriginal. However, I hope you're happy with your new look.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Tough crowd, lol. I'll look forward to seeing pics. All that matters is that you like it, really.

·
Registered
121 Posts
not a huge fan of blinging out the King of Solihull but I must say that the matte black looks pretty [email protected]! Wheels are big but not overly blingy which is a refreshing change.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
would look awesome if you painted that color, but added every off-road accessory + wheels/big tires instead of your rendering... It's not too late to avoid this mistake :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
brad s1 said:
would look awesome if you painted that color, but added every off-road accessory + wheels/big tires instead of your rendering... It's not too late to avoid this mistake :thumb:
I totally agree. Would love to see an off road military looking version with that paint and all the accessories (expedition rack etc).

·
Registered
144 Posts
My opinion of your plans for your car remain, though. Is it too late to stop the work from being carried out and think of something unique? Good luck with it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the end result. I understand the urge to meddle in what others do with their Ranges, but we have to remember that "to each, his own." Taste and style are personal and as different as our personalities are...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
C'mon guys (or is it "Come on"? :wink: ) Matt or matte, we all know what that word means, no? Let's move on and avoid gratuitous insults or semantics grandstanding. Thread edited.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally some updated pictures. I still need to put on the 24" MHT forged wheels (Matte black center Matte silver lip), the slider bars (Matte Silver), the Asanti badges on the sides, and some misc. trim. Think I'm going to take the headlights and taillights apart and paint the inside matte black or matte silver.

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
I've been withholding judgement until I saw the actual thing, and I have to say, I don't like it.
Particularly the grill. Seems like it's trying to be something it's not by using the Assanti emblem.

Not a fan.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Apologies, but that looks like a high school rattle can project done behind the Kent High portables. :crybaby2: Poor Rangie.. poor poor Rangie.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.