Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually it replaces the original door and dash trim. So far sticks really good, has a 3m backing on them.
On the center console you have to remove the old wood trim with a chisel from the wooden console panel. Then replace the new onto it.

· Registered
16 Posts
Can you post a pic or details of the door card spray paint? And thanks for posting...I've been wanting a 'sticky' thread for inexpensive restoration idea, or substitute parts (GM window motors for example) that people have done successfully

· Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
357 Posts
Interior shop wanted $2600 to recover the front seats of my 95 classic

used Lseat.com : two front OME seat replacement in leather $385.00. About 4 hrs to remove and recover. View attachment 305492
@JWR xjresto: Did Lseat include the armrest covers or, did you have to purchase them separately? Also, what leather and thread color is pictured? Did you recover the headrest?

Thank you!

Chris

· Registered
1985 RRC 3.5, LT230, LT77. 1996 Disco1, 4.0
102 Posts
Being an Upholsterer of 40 plus years here is a tip that will also save your seats: When replacing covers, pull all the foams off seat frame, spray glue burlap (10 ounce Jute is the best) to the backside of foam. Especially any place that has direct contact with the steel frame.

You can also go overboard and have the frames powder coated to protect against rust. Not only does burlap add years of wear protection to the foam, it also provides a tad bit of support and firmness.

· Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,657 Posts
I have used acura beige, I believe both sem and duplicolor carry it. nearly dead on identical match.

· Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,657 Posts
the can I will have to look for it , of the outcome I dont have a pre but could take pics of post, granted it has been about 3 yrs maybe more since my attempt at dressing interior.
let me find the can and top as Saved it for future reference, then compare to rear leather color as it is untouched and you can see the match.
will do asap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts