RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help. I need to replace all 4 tires on my 2016 RRS Td6. I am hearing great things about this tire and my local Discount Tire store seems to have them in stock.

Most of my drive is on pavement, usually bumper to bumper traffic on the highways. Only once or twice a year will I take my RRS off-road. My wife's car is better suited for vacations due to cargo room and space between the 2nd/3rd rows seats are much better than my RRS.

My questions/concerns are:
1) Is this tire quite on pavement/highways at multiple speed levels... If there is no traffic, I will drive 85 or higher mph. Reading some of the threads, it seems like this tire is heavier than the stock and my fuel averages will go down a bit. Not overly concerned with losing one or two mpg.
2) I do drive cautiously, but a bit aggressive. After all, I have to justify the Td6 somehow. Which leads me to my third question...
3) How will this tire respond in the stop and go traffic.... There are times, I will do 60 or 70 mph, and have to quickly slow down due to traffic congestion. Heavier tire or thread on KO2 may not help with fast braking or handling?

Thank you all for your help. I need to replace the tires today as I have a flat and the tires needs to be replaced anyways...

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the KO2 installed. I was in a rush to get new tires and did not have enough time to research.

The ride seems to be a bit stiffer than the stock tires. Perhaps, after a few miles, it will get better. Here are some pictures.

image.jpeg

image 2.jpeg

image 3.jpeg

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have had T/A KO2s on for the last year or so. They are quiet. I have not noticed a change in my gasoline use. They are fine for stopping. However, you will have to reduce cornering speeds. They are great in deep snow, off road, and tarmac. They are competent on ice but not the best.

I do not regret getting them.

Nigel_IJPG.JPG

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think after couple of hundred miles, the tire and I will get used to each other. The Discount Tire store folks put one tire on first and asked me to check it out. They were hesitant to install them as they felt there was not enough clearance. I assured them that after putting all four, it will be OK.

These look great and work well for occasional off-roading.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had 275/55R20 KO2 D rated on my 2016 RRS HSE for about a year.

1) Is this tire quite on pavement/highways at multiple speed levels... If there is no traffic, I will drive 85 or higher mph. Reading some of the threads, it seems like this tire is heavier than the stock and my fuel averages will go down a bit. Not overly concerned with losing one or two mpg.
They are surprisingly quiet for an A/T tire and how meaty they are. I experienced a 0.5-1.0mpg reduction across the board.

3) How will this tire respond in the stop and go traffic.... There are times, I will do 60 or 70 mph, and have to quickly slow down due to traffic congestion. Heavier tire or thread on KO2 may not help with fast braking or handling?
Cornering speeds will be reduced due to the larger and more flexible wall sections. Acceleration and stopping distance might take a small hit, but it's not a staggering change.

Overall, I loved them. They did quite well off-road and were amazing in snow and deep snow.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Enfield, do you have a rod lift on yours or do you have it at stock height? Thanks.
No lift. It is completely stock except that I put the KO2s on it. There is NO rubbing whatsoever even when in access mode. The tires are 275/55/20.

Make sure you keep in mind that the diameter is slightly larger than the stock tires. That is important to remember if you use a spare. It also throws your speedometer off by 2-3kph at 100kph.

·
Registered
182 Posts
@enfield After +- 2 years, how are the BFGs doing?

any issues when accelerating/braking hard?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I forgot to ask - would 275/60 be advisable or not?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
The BFG's are doing great. Took 'em to MOAB last year. I'm 35,000km in. They, also, did great last year in the snow.

thanks, do you think the 275/60 will rub?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts