RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is not his style and he will probably be angry at me for bringing it up, but Ron is entering hospital this week to have an operation to get rid of some bowel cancer. As anyone who regularly uses this forum would know Ron is a massive contributor and is always ready to help out with advice and pass on his knowledge. He also just happens to be a fantastic and funny bloke too. So good luck with the op Ron and I wish you a speedy recovery so as you can get on and enjoy that retirement (and keep making those posts).

Regards Barney

·
Registered
211 Posts
Prayers sent. GWS

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Good luck Ron, I hope all goes well..

Scotty

·
Registered
276 Posts
I wish you the best, Ron!

Get well soon!

Sigi

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Ron and Elisabeth are just about the most fantastic people you could ever have the priviledge to know. I am glad the well wishes and prayers have made it out of the moderators forum. :thumb: Hang in there big guy. Everything will work out... inthe end. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
A very good friend of mine has just had an op for stomach cancer so I can appreciate the worry involved.
I wish you and your family all the strength in the world to get over this terrible disease.
Come back soon Ron :pray:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Whoa, prayer sent.

Please take time later to let us know how you are doing,

·
Registered
286 Posts
Good luck Ron.
See ya on here soon :D

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,425 Posts
Thanks everyone (and Barney, just wait until I catch up with you when I'm in Melbourne for the RR 40th!).

It's off to hospital tomorrow morning (6am admission :shock: ).

The hospital (Macquarie University Hospital) was only opened this year as part of the School of Advanced Medicine - I hope I don't get a learner on the knife. `)

At least the beds are equipped for internet access but it's a pity I won't get to try the chef's cuisine: http://www.muh.org.au/during-your-stay.html

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wish you a speedy recovery ,
see you soon .

Z.A

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
All the best Ron, hope everything works out good for you and your family.

Martin

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,425 Posts
I'm typing this from my bed - they are internet equipped.

It seems odd being the only patient on this floor of the hospital. I'm the first patient they have had. There are 5 nursing staff outside my door. There are 62 beds in the two wards on this floor.

I can't complain about the staff-patient ratio. :D

Today there was a bit of a kerfuffle. One of the nurses was taking out my cannula and another got a tad upset as I was her patient!

The surgeon was pleased with the operation.

Thanks again to everyone for your best wishes and prayers.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Very sorry to hear that the need arose, but much more happy that it was found in a timely manner.

Glad to hear that it went well, and at least just as important that they found that you needed it! It's great that they can detect the need and perform the surgery now adays, and operate orthoscopically (sic). Having the surgery done in a timely manner increases the life span dramatically, from what I've heard & read.
Congratulations on having it found & taken care of! :clap:

And it's yet another item that you have experienced; important knowledge that can be of great benefit to the rest of us.

I hope your recovery goes very quick and well.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Hello Ron,

Very glad to hear about the operation's success.

Sincerely,

Dan

p.s. Is the surgeon planning to do a write-up on the procedure and submit it to the site ?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,425 Posts
LOL!

I should ask him, Dan.

I'm told I should be going home tomorrow. Dunno if Elisabeth will be pleased or not. :D

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
p38arover said:
I'm typing this from my bed - they are internet equipped.

It seems odd being the only patient on this floor of the hospital. I'm the first patient they have had. There are 5 nursing staff outside my door. There are 62 beds in the two wards on this floor.

I can't complain about the staff-patient ratio. :D

Today there was a bit of a kerfuffle. One of the nurses was taking out my cannula and another got a tad upset as I was her patient!

The surgeon was pleased with the operation.

Thanks again to everyone for your best wishes and prayers.
Good job you are in Aus! No chance of that here mate.

All the best Ron. Best wishes for the recovery.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts