RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so kinda stuck on my decision and wondering if those who tuned can help and give real world info. Currently stuck between the 3 top tuning options.

1. Velos tune (580hp)
2. VelocityAP tune & pulley (650hp)
3. Ecutuninggroup tune & pulley (650hp)

The thing I love about the Velos tune is being able to have the handheld to put the tune back to stock if I ever wanted. Unfortunately with VAP and Ecugrp once they load the tune thats it, youre left with no tuning device like the velos. What bothers me though is Velos only offers a tune with no pulley option and its almost the same price as the VAP and ECU for 70 less hp.

if anyone could give some input if you have either of these 3 tunes that would be great !

PS. Not a fan of the burble option so that is not a decision factor

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
I take it you have a 2018+ then because VelocityAP provides devices for pre 2018 models to swap anytime That feature is huge in my opinion especially when unexpected dealer trips come up and it’s good to swap back to stock.

I tuned my 2016 with Velocity (no pulley) and enjoyed it. I’ve been running stock for the past few months and I can tell a big difference. Great customer service too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it you have a 2018+ then because VelocityAP provides devices for pre 2018 models to swap anytime That feature is huge in my opinion especially when unexpected dealer trips come up and it’s good to swap back to stock.

I tuned my 2016 with Velocity (no pulley) and enjoyed it. I’ve been running stock for the past few months and I can tell a big difference. Great customer service too.
yes forgot to add that in that title. Its a 2020 v8 dynamic. Thats whats leaning me towards velos is having the ability to swap back to stock if lets say my power seat motor goes etc.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have had the velocity ap stage 2 aggressive tune since their Black Friday sale with the burbles enabled on my full size l405 lwb. They give you a handle held tuner to remove and install as needed. They also give you a few maps and can modify them if you go catless or do other supporting mods.

My truck is heavy and huge the tune has woken it up but by no means is it a “night and day difference”. It’s a pleasant difference for the money. I’ve had plenty of fast cars pushing over 500-600 hp so I’m used to the power.

A big drop in mpg happened after doing the tune. It’s not just me driving more aggressive it’s the nature of the tune. I have some long commutes and drive conservative. I’ve noticed where on journeys I would get 22-23 MPG after the tune I’m lucky to get above 17. Not a big deal and obviously most people driving these trucks don’t care about mpg but it’s something that will be affected.

The burbles are sweet bonus too. It sounds identical to a SVR.

If you wait till end of summer or early October they have 25% off their tune.

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
246 Posts
I wonder if your drop in MPG @f10m5 is due to the addition of the burble tune part? To get that you basically are adding fuel after the power stroke to get the pops i.e wasting fuel. I bet your mpg would jump back up a little if you had that portion of the tune removed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know what the difference is between the P360 and P400 for MY '19+ is? Both engines seem the same so does the HST just have software to give it the extra 40HP bump in power? Wondering if I can tune my HSE i6 to the same as the HST.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts