Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

My used RR SC came with some bad scratches on the interior trim that I thought I could polish off to no avail :( and it's driving me insane...

Has anyone found a good solution to replacing / covering those since polishing is not an option? I've looked around and have seen trim kits that you can stick on top of the OEM trim but there's none in original OEM colors (that I could find) and my interior is white/beige so the carbon fiber doesn't really go well with it. There's also vinyl kits but then we have the same color issues.

Here are some pictures [1], [2] of the scratches and the trim pieces.

It's just the center console, the rest is fine. Seems like the OEM part is LR056923 but that's nearly $1k for a piece of trim :( haven't been able to find used either.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
618 Posts
That is pretty bad and abusive from the previous owner. That screams lazy slob in my opinion on the PO, and not you... Salvage yard interior take off's are your only option other than going dealer replacement prices which are ridiculous...

Try eBay as they sell some really good salvaged Camera take-off's (and lots of other parts) from totaled Rovers and it's a pretty big business. Only buy from sellers with 4.5 star reps and such and if the price seems too good it always is! I've gotten some really good parts like the stainless steel brake and accelerator pedals and "Sport" lettering "Take-Offs" from eBay as of recent!

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,580 Posts
Hey y'all,

My used RR SC came with some bad scratches on the interior trim that I thought I could polish off to no avail :( and it's driving me insane...

Has anyone found a good solution to replacing / covering those since polishing is not an option? I've looked around and have seen trim kits that you can stick on top of the OEM trim but there's none in original OEM colors (that I could find) and my interior is white/beige so the carbon fiber doesn't really go well with it. There's also vinyl kits but then we have the same color issues.

It's just the center console, the rest is fine. Seems like the OEM part is LR056923 but that's nearly $1k for a piece of trim :( haven't been able to find used either.

Thanks in advance!
Here you go...

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
86 Posts
You can try car-part.com, but the problem is you won't be able to tell if those are scratched also unless they take great pics.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can try car-part.com, but the problem is you won't be able to tell if those are scratched also unless they take great pics.
wow thank you! didnt know this site -- seems like the only place I could find some of it. Will contact them to see if I can get pictures.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322 (Sold), 2005 Land Rover LR3/ L319
64 Posts
Have you tried sanding an area with 1500 grit then 2000/3000 grit sandpaper then applying clear coat over the area? The scratches seem to be surface scratches on the clear coat. I understand that LR uses real veneer then coats it with polyurethane clear for that gloss look and to protect the veneer.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
Hey y'all,

Thanks in advance!
Detail shops that specialize in exterior dings and scratches usually have the ability to repair stuff like this. If you are not aware of a local shop, ask your dealer or stop by any used car dealer and ask who they use to detail their cars.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you tried sanding an area with 1500 grit then 2000/3000 grit sandpaper then applying clear coat over the area? The scratches seem to be surface scratches on the clear coat. I understand that LR uses real veneer then coats it with polyurethane clear for that gloss look and to protect the veneer.
wow don't know why I didn't think of that before. I've done that on exterior pieces but had no idea that interior pieces had clear coat on it. Will try to see if I can get a similar part for a test haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts