RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks very similar to the current Rover...
RangeRover.JPG

The "split" for the rear tailgate looks VERY low... just above the number plate.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Re: Best shot of the 2013 Range Rover yet. Very little camo...

Wow! Looks good. Good find, FlashG. Good find. Looks like it's going to be quite a bit bigger. It could be the angle though. Just by the picture, it looks comfortable.

I wonder if that tailgate, like you pointed out Flash, will be like the Lexus LX. That is like one part electric and the other manual. I believe that they're keeping the bottom split just because of tradition. I have found no "pros" to having that bottom part fold out. Never have. But, whatever. Not a deal-breaker whatsoever.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
97 Posts

Nice. Now I'm just hoping the front won't look like this

·
Registered
458 Posts

mlh, with the current track record of Ford and Kia, that's not Land Rover's fault that they look like other machines. That's those two manufacturers who have decided to start using cues from others. Ford is now very guilty with the Flex Titanium and the new Fusion (Looks like an Aston. What the hell?) Oh oh! I can't remember the name of the Mini, but it's the "coupe" version of the Countryman. Can you say Evoque? Now that's just blatant. If you were the lead designer of Land Rover, wouldn't you be pissed? I have a link below. It's called the Countryman Paceman.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cou...H3sqGtBA&sqi=2&ved=0CIQBELAE&biw=1440&bih=817

I think the Rover crew is doing a good job setting precidents, but others are flat out using cues from JLR's designers. Okay, maybe not from the Jag side, though that was the old Kia Amanti.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts

It cracks me up when people accuse Ford of swiping Land Rover styling cues and technology. Considering Ford owned Land Rover and Aston Martin when the new geration of Fusion, Flex and Explorer entered design it's only natural that cues and technology are going to carry over form one model to another.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
560 Posts

Why is there only a picture of the back? There should be one of the front floating around too!

I wonder if that tailgate, like you pointed out Flash, will be like the Lexus LX. That is like one part electric and the other manual. I believe that they're keeping the bottom split just because of tradition. I have found no "pros" to having that bottom part fold out. Never have. But, whatever. Not a deal-breaker whatsoever.
The BMW X5's are the same way and offer the power split. They stole that from LR during their ownership. I think the split tailgate is awesome. You must not tailgate because dropping it down for a seat is the best......plus it is a LR its gonna come in handy to sit on while waiting for a tow truck, LOL.

·
Registered
458 Posts

Why is there only a picture of the back? There should be one of the front floating around too!

The BMW X5's are the same way and offer the power split. They stole that from LR during their ownership. I think the split tailgate is awesome. You must not tailgate because dropping it down for a seat is the best......plus it is a LR its gonna come in handy to sit on while waiting for a tow truck, LOL.
Roverboy, seriously funny comments right there! I like the tow truck one, especially.

BTW, I'm a Wisconsinite who's a Packers and Brewers fan. Tailgating? Oh hell yeah! Now that you mention it, when my dad had a Full Size, he would turn his into a bar. I would imagine that most people would use it as such. When you have that much money, you hire people to haul your stuff around.

·
Registered
340 Posts

Wow! Looks good. Good find, FlashG. Good find. Looks like it's going to be quite a bit bigger. It could be the angle though. Just by the picture, it looks comfortable.

I fold down the bottom tailgate a good 90% of the time. Maybe I'm rare, but i use it all the time.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I fold down the bottom tailgate a good 90% of the time. Maybe I'm rare, but i use it all the time.
I use it too but in the inverse fashion. I like to keep it up so that loose items don't fall out...

·
Registered
32 Posts

Looks very similar to the current Rover...
View attachment 10053

The "split" for the rear tailgate looks VERY low... just above the number plate.
If you look carefully you'll see a bulge in the camo above where the plate should be. I'd guess that's where the actual division in the tailgate is. The lower line you're referring to is likely there to confuse onlookers as to the actual details.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Here she is!!

rangeroverscoop05.jpg rangeroverscoop07.jpg rangeroverscoop08.jpg rangeroverscoop09.jpg rangeroverscoop10.jpg rangeroverscoop15.jpg rangeroverscoop18.jpg rangeroverscoop19.jpg rangeroverscoop20.jpg

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

After seeing what they did with the Evoque, I guess I was expecting a somewhat longer wheelbase with less overhang back there. Probably not the greatest departure angle... But I think it looks gorgeous, modern and classic at the same time, it may be all-new but you can tell it's a Range Rover from a mile away. The side vents appear to be gone? I don't see any under the camo. Can't wait for the unveiling in September.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Interesting that the roof is silver, but the car is black. I wonder if that will be a new design cue... kind of like the Mini.

Pictures-of-Mini-Cooper-Reviews1.jpg

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

I bet that's just camouflage wrap. The "floating roof" design is such a staple for this car, it'd be silly to change that.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
13 Posts

I bet that's just camouflage wrap. The "floating roof" design is such a staple for this car, it'd be silly to change that.
No, I don't think it's a wrap.

Much like the current Evoque has an option for an Indus Silver top, so will this. Or you can stay with black......

Like the look-think Range Rover Sport XL........ Sportier and bigger all at the same time...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I'm not so sure. If you look at the sixth picture, you can see the difference in color from the black wrap versus the black paint. Looks like a black car with silver roof. The Range Rover has always had the "floating roof" as a pillar of its design. By having a contrasting color, it's a different take on the "floating roof". It could be an option, as it is on the Mini.

If you look at the seventh picture, the car looks to have a panoramic roof as well.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh. Would love to make this my next purchase.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts

Well at least it still looks like a Range Rover and isn't too much of a departure from the current model. I'm worried that they've gone too far with the head/tail lights and the slanted "nose" - RRs have traditionally been boxey, rugged looking vehicles and personally the 2003-05 model is pure perfection from a visual perspective. I really hope they haven't added the "exploresque" light accents that every other vehicle manufacturer seems to be doing these days. The RR is supposed to be a trend setter not a follower.

·
Registered
560 Posts

The front is not as bad as the renderings, thank God! The back however is worse than I thought. It looks to much like a sport with the steep back windshield.

·
Registered
560 Posts

The swooped back lights are definitely there. 8~

1 - 20 of 94 Posts