RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm trying to find the best price that I can on a set of 255/55 or 60 x 18s. I have searched locally and the prices seem to be hovering around the 110-120quid mark plus the VAT. Does this sound about right. I expected to find some cheaper prices on the net but as yet, by the time you take into account the postage and whatnot I may aswell get them nearby and give the trade to the local guy. I always feel guilty taking tyres that I've bought elsewhere to my local tyre dealer to fit!!

The other question of course, is a suitable alternative. They are going on a P38 which only does about 4000 miles a year, knocks about back and for to work and will tow my trialler off road once a month. The vehicle has 16" rims on it at the moment, which I hate, and I think they RR looks much better on the 18" Mondials that I am in the process of refurbing, I think that they really suit the car.

I have looked at alternatives but its only the AT2 that seems to have the right mix of off and on road ability for me, unless of course anyone can suggest an alternative 18" tyre that at least has a modicum of off road ability.

Regards,

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Have you tried the fully fitted option on black circles.com?
I'd rate the AT2 as well, they come with a 50k mile warranty in the US.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have Nitto Terra Grapplers 255/55/18 like them a lot on-road, and light Off-road, other members on this forum do off-road with them and have good review of them, there is a whole thread about them, use the search button, they should have them in the U.K `)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That will explain why I can't find them then!

I had a look on the black circles website and the only General tyre that they do is the UHP, doesnt seem that they do they AT2 at all?

Dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone used Toyo AT?

Hi again,

I have looked through the various online shops, it appears that my local tyre dealer can now do a set of four at 106quid each plus vat, and obviously fitting and balancing is included in that.

However, just as I thought things were going simply I have seen the Toyo open country AT, they dont seem quite as aggressive as the AT2 and although I love knobbly tyres, I think that maybe they might suit my needs a little better, as I am mostly on the road, but it does need to have SOME off road ability, anyone used em?

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts