RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best Place to Purchase OEM All Weather Mats / Trunk-Cargo Mat?

Looking for a little advice. Any suggestions on the best place to purchase the Land Rover OEM All Weather Mats and the matching Trunk-Cargo Mat for my 2010 RRS? My local dealer has them but won't budge on the retail price. I did a search and found a set new set on eBay from a dealer which are discounted but figured it is worth a shot to ask for advice before I pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Respectfully,

-Chris

·
Registered
687 Posts
Re: Best Place to Purchase OEM All Weather Mats / Trunk-Cargo Mat?

Go get a set from WEATHERTECH site, they have a nice cup design to trap liquid. the oem ones are garbage.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
263 Posts

Bought Weathertech's and haven't looked back. OEM rubber mats do not stop water/salt/crap getting on the carpet around the edges and I have the salt stains on my carpet to prove it. Put your left foot on the footrest by the lower A pillar with OEM mats and it drips down onto the carpet, weathertech mats cover 1/2 that footrest so you don't get this problem. Their back seat mat is great as well, actually covers the carpet in the middle by the cupholder, 1 complete stretch of mat from door to door.
Weathertech mats are custom shaped for your footwell depending on vehicle.

Worth every penny IMHO.

Wayne

·
Registered
192 Posts

Well said. I used the original rubber mats for one season, before picking up the WeatherTech mats. The WeatherTech mats cover much more of the carpet. I've thrown snow and ice encrusted boots and climbing gear on the WeatherTech mats on the back floor without any water getting on the carpet.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
272 Posts

As above. I have had the OEM mats and trunk liners in our LR3 and FFRR. Bought WeatherTech Liners for the RRS, and have since replaced the FFRR's OEM mats with WeatherTech's. Our driveway is dirt/gravel/grass and I'm an avid surfer with three boys <12, and the WeatherTech Liners are a godsend.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for all the great information and especially the nice offer Domex. (Truly generous) I am going to take a look at the WeatherTech mats today online as it sounds like they are the way to go. I will say I do like the look of the OEM Mats but really had not even considered the WeatherTech ones.

Again, thank you for steering me the right way!

-Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi just went to the weathertech site and its saying that floor mats are not available for the range rover sport, what did you guys get ?

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
I went to the site and found matts and rear liner for Sport with only a couple clicks. WOuld love to provide a link but you have to rig info in your post or signature. I suggest you try their site again.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
my mistake i was looking at the all weather floor mats section and not the liner, but i guess the liner will work just as well

·
Registered
799 Posts
I suppose if you spill a Big Gulp full of soda on them, the OEM mats won't hold it all, but I just got back from 5 days in Lake Tahoe and the OEM rubber mats did a phenomenal job of containing all the snow/slush that we tracked into the car - even from our 8 and 11 year olds in the back seat.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT? Lol

Sorry man I just find this hilarious!!!!

Can you take a picture of your OEM mats because they seem miraculous to be able to hold all that snow and slush. If you think the OEM mats are incredible, well prepare to have your mind blown the instant WeatherTech mats reach your door step.

I bought the laser molded version and like many have said I haven't looked back. They hold a considerable amount of water and dirt and because they completely surround the floor area in a bowl like design, the snow and slush won't creep out to the sides or leak. The only flaw I can think of is the hole that allows for the anchor that keeps the mat in place but even that is raised to keep water from leaking out. They are not cheap but compared to the OEM mats they'll do a far better job.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,468 Posts
Canrover...That was 2 years ago when California had snow! :) But in all seriousness, the Weathertech mats are great...both for the front and the middle seats. The back one I found to be a bit flimsy and interfered with the dog guard...but it's far better than nothing! I usually put my original rubber mats down, and then the Weathertechs on top anyway...double protection!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Double protection is a great idea....

"I usually wear 2 condoms during the day... At night I take one off and I feel like a wild man!!!"

(Dennis Miller SNL Weekend Update)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,468 Posts
I had a hunch someone would get that!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts