Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Above is a picture of a real OEM SVR 5083 wheel​

I have ordered new 22" model 5083 knock off replica wheels. They will arrive in a weeks time with tire pressure sensors and chrome lugs from eBay. Where should I go to have the wheels swapped out and to purchased new 22" tires?

I am a long time Costco member too. Never brought tires from Costco before. I brought tires at Discount Tires. Believe it or not the local LR/Jaguar dealership tire prices are very competitive(have to order the tires). The wheel seller recommended 275/40/22 tires. But I thinking of 275/45/22 size tires. I am in the snow belt so it has to be all season rated good for snow type tires. No allweather tires yet for RRs that I can find. I do not drive when it snows so I do not need snow tires. I wait till the roads are plowed before I venture outside. Ice is a concern however!

LR dealership, Costco, other tire service shops? What size tires for best comfy ride? Brand of tire and model e.g. Michelin, Continental, Pirelli, etc...?

I have a 2017 RRS HSE.

Thanks you in advance to your replies!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
馃槈Try to login two days ago but was face with the security protocol that looped. Pick match photos, then do it again, X I not a machine, they processing and back to step 1. I did this for 25 minutes just as a game, no luck at signing on!

I purchased my tires at Costco since they have $150 off deal but may have regret this impulsive move. First went Costco's tire center and waited till it was my turn and the tire service attended that I would know before his shop when the tires would be delivered to the tire center. I additional, he scare me that they can only program the OEM and their 3rd party TPMS brand Dill. The deal cost $45 each. I had to email the my TPMS Hub-Baloong about this matter and was told my TPMS was already preprogrammed for my specific vehicle and they are the OEM to Land Rover! All the rest of the parts arrived: 4 Wheels, 4 TPMS, 4 center emblem hub. No word from Costco yet on deliver! I order the tires on Saturday and it is Wednesday. Very shock that Costco is the slowpoke of the bunch and that the tire adviser wanted to sell their Dill TPMS at all cost. The tire I purchased is the Michelin -PILOT SPORT AS4 275/40ZR22 108Y XL BSW UHP ALL SEASON TIRE. Keeps on saying "Order Received" on Costco online app for this item. No delivery date given yet!;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Final got an email from Michelin on Saturday the 11th after call Costco online Customer Service on Wednesday the 8th that it has shipped. Try scheduling installation time for Monday but no available times till Thursday the 16th at 1:30 P.M.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how are the wheels holding up?Asking because I bought a set.
They look terrific but I only have limited mileage on these wheels because of the lockdown and I switch these out for winter season which has different wheels and snow tires. So far, maybe 300 miles, still looks like new so far! I have not look at them closely but the installer would of said something if they had any damage to them. For me, it makes my RRS standout from the crowd and puts my RRS into more of elite class in looks. Got compliments too!

Registered
They look terrific but I only have limited mileage on these wheels because of the lockdown and I switch these out for winter season which has different wheels and snow tires. So far, maybe 300 miles, still looks like new so far! I have not look at them closely but the installer would of said something if they had any damage to them. For me, it makes my RRS standout from the crowd and puts my RRS into more of elite class in looks. Got compliments too!
Awesome. Can鈥檛 wait to get mine. I saw a bunch of them at 9.5鈥 wide, but found a supposedly good set that are 10鈥 wide (OEM width). Putting on 295/40/22 tires. They seriously look fantastic on yours with the yellow calipers.

Registered
Tire size is 275/40/22.

Both rear and front have chrome lug nuts.
You know, I almost went with Black Lugs myself... Then I got to thinking... It's quite easy to visually tell when you are missing a lug-nut or two on a wheel as that is a problem that nobody wants or needs to experience. I've also had a random lug-spline completey sheer off many years ago. The black lugs I almost went with along with black wheels would have made easy spotting far less noticeable.

Registered
You know, I almost went with Black Lugs myself... Then I got to thinking... It's quite easy to visually tell when you are missing a lug-nut or two on a wheel as that is a problem that nobody wants or needs to experience. I've also had a random lug-spline completey sheer off many years ago. The black lugs I almost went with along with black wheels would have made easy spotting far less noticeable.
Good thinking. Also, I didn鈥檛 want to spend $400.00 on black ones when the chrome ones won鈥檛 look so out of place with the center caps I bought (black, but silver circled circumference and 鈥淩ange Rover鈥 in silver).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts