RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
127 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade my '03 with 115,000 miles for an 07-09 HSE and I've been hearing great things. Previous owner had replaced the airbags with coils many years ago.

How reliable are the airbags and transmission in the 07-09 models?

Most of the models in that year range has as much or more miles than I currently have, especially in the color combination I want... bummer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
165 Posts
If You can get 2011-2012 4.4 TDV8 it probably is the best engine transmission (8 gears) combo in the 322 lineup. 313 hp will push her past 130 mph while averaging 28-32 mpg. Magnificent car.

rsz_11rsz_1rsz_blidinje_compres (1).gif

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
111 Posts
If You can get 2011-2012 4.4 TDV8 it probably is the best engine transmission (8 gears) combo in the 322 lineup. 313 hp will push her past 130 mph while averaging 28-32 mpg. Magnificent car.

View attachment 228034
Really wish we could get that motor in the states. Would be the perfect Rover. We do a lot of towing. S/C still does great.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
When I ordered my 2017 I test drove a 16' SC they had on the lot. It was way too fast for an SUV, and felt faster than my Boxster! My SC-V6 is not even close to the speed of the L405's SC-V8 8-|=
It's only as fast as you get into the throttle. I personally think the more power the better... That and if you don't beat on it too badly the supercharge engine/components are much more robust than the N/A version IMO making it more reliable.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
I'll assume timing chain pin, that would be a yes.

Late MY2012 models had the fixed guides, and the L405s are completely solved.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good to know. I've seen a lot of SC available. I've discovered that it's not
The being able to afford the repairs financially but the fact that the $2,600 for 4 tires and a rear brake job could benefit us differently.....better.
All good points. I'll check this thread from time to time.
Thanks to all who contribute.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Good to know. I've seen a lot of SC available. I've discovered that it's not
The being able to afford the repairs financially but the fact that the $2,600 for 4 tires and a rear brake job could benefit us differently.....better.
All good points. I'll check this thread from time to time.
Thanks to all who contribute.
$2600.00 for 4 tires and a rear brake job????...lol yeah if you are driving a 911 GT3 running Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. My S600 v12 Twin Turbo is only a 1/4 of that and it was $139k.

Who in the world quoted you that price?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
$2600.00 for 4 tires and a rear brake job????...lol yeah if you are driving a 911 GT3 running Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. My S600 v12 Twin Turbo is only a 1/4 of that and it was $139k.

Who in the world quoted you that price?
That doesn't seem too far off... I just paid 300/ + shipping for continental cross contacts and $100 for mount balance (I'd imagine much more if the dealer did the work) If you're not doing the brakes yourself that could easily run you $1000 at the dealer. That said I just did my own rear brakes and the parts were just about $400 pads/rotors/misc bits.

The tires are more expensive for the supercharged as it's a 20" wheel, fewer options.

I got a quote from the dealer to replace my front brakes just for the hell of it (pistons were starting to seize) near 8k haha. I ended up rebuilding them myself for short money.

·
Registered
327 Posts
What size are the sc tires? My oem wheels are 20"...255/50/20 and I just put on new 285/50/20 last week.

Lol, dealers are stealers...that is just crazy.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I used EBC dimpled/slotted rotors on the front of my SC. They cost me $650ish CDN for the pair, not cheap. And the **** things warped earlier than I would have liked them to.

I'll be putting Stoptech cryo treated rotors next time, no drilled/dimpled or slotted. Waste of time unless your putting them on a race car that is inspected after every race and the slots cleaned out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
I agree...there is no RR that is fast enough to need drilled or slotted rotors. They are heavy and not fast to me...the sc nor the svr..they are quick but they are not race cars.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
187 Posts
I went with the PAGID rotors last time, with OEM Pads. Works awesome. Next time I'll likely forego the OEM pads and look at Pagid or something else. With all the salt and road sand here on the east coast, I'm going through brakes fast so spending extra $$ for super high-end doesn't make sense.

FWIW, my quote from the dealer for brakes all around was ~$2500... needless to say, I didn't get them to do it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
lol, that is crazy. I've never gone to the dealer for brakes so maybe that's why I am in shock when I hear you guys say those quotes. No wonder they are making so much money from people.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
lol, that is crazy. I've never gone to the dealer for brakes so maybe that's why I am in shock when I hear you guys say those quotes. No wonder they are making so much money from people.
My front brake quote was high because they would have simply replaced the brembo calipers for new vs just fitting new piston rings/boots to the existing calipers. Throw rotors/pads/hoses yeah near 8k.

·
Registered
MY2009 RR SC 4.2
7 Posts
MY2009 FFRR SC superb handling reliability and comfort, luxury inside and best equipped out. I have driven X5 msport, ML350 and CayenneS. Albeit l322 isnt the quickest suv among them, FFRR surely standout from the throng, its looks is iconic, its style is elegent and comtemporary. The MY2009 styling is the best one imo within l322 generation if not even better than l405.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
7 Posts
I've got a P38 (2002) because I love the body style. I've been looking at the third gen and it is growing on me.
I've heard the 2008 was the most reliable one due to some engine changes for 09-12. Reliability is a relative term. But an 2008 under 100k is easy to locate and lots to choose from. I'm thinking HSE Full Size for sure. Not supercharged. Maybe SC. Nobody knows better than an owner which is why I'm asking you. This would be a mall crawler, dinner and the opera with my wife. Black exterior with ivory piping I believe for the interior. I've got a black/black with Piano Black P38 HSE.
The wood and DVD system in the rear for children will be a nice touch as well.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Hello there, I have for sale my 2006 HSE. Black with Ivory (I think) interior. She has only covered +/- 65,000 and has been regularly serviced with records - mainly by LR dealers. She has the screen provision in the rear of the front seats but 1 screen has been removed - I purchased a twin set of appropriate screens but with my wife and I the only users haven't bothered to getting round to installing them. I want $16,500 if you are interested please respond to me at ian at thegailgroup dot com and I'll send you photos, etc. Best wishes, IAN.

·
Registered
135 Posts
2008 RRS with 120k miles -- drives, handles better than a brand new ford or chevy!
Basically problem free its entire life -- just replaced alternator, tires every 4-5 years, and that's it!
No oil leaks! No problems with anything! Starts and runs like a champ! Just yesterday was complaining to wife that air conditioning was TOO cold!
I do, however, follow the owner's manual with ALL oil changes, brake fluid, transmission oil, etc.
Oh, and back in 2008, the tow package was standard, always part of the SUV!

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 2006 L322 is my 3rd RR (87>2000>2006) It's way better than the P38, it is bigger though, but gets slightly better mileage, lots more horsepower and get up and go. Zero issues with the air suspension. I say the P38 has more comfy seats, but the L322 has rear heated ones as well. My biggest gripe is the 19" rims which really limits tire options and drives up replacement cost. Likley replacing my Blizzak's with Duratracs

21 - 38 of 38 Posts